ADVERTISEMENT

OT...great nature sighting

We just came back from Colorado Springs - visiting our 3 sons out there. I was amazed at all the wild life that live in and around neighborhoods.

Reactions: Drewcristo78
Colorado was the best state I've been to so far. The wildlife was fantastic. My family is from Antlers ,OK and apparently black panthers and Bigfoot are afoot in the Kiamichis!

Reactions: iasooner1
Aw Drew, come on...
With the ownership of guns comes great responsibility.
Matter of fact, in this two mile, dead end culdesac, we all agreed that this area is a sanctuary for wildlife, deer in particular.

However, if they venture out of it, all bets are off. Their mortality is out of our control.

(BTW, I get that you're speaking tongue in cheek)

Colorado was the best state I've been to so far. The wildlife was fantastic. My family is from Antlers ,OK and apparently black panthers and Bigfoot are afoot in the Kiamichis!

My late father-in-law used to have quite a nice piece of property north of Antlers, near Kosoma, right on the Kiamichi River. He used it as a hunting and fishing retreat and later built a home on it after he quit practicing medicine in Lawton. I loved that place, bigfoots and all. :)

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Nope, it's just sitting there. More of an investment than anything. I got kind of lucky...right before the crap hit the fan in 2008, I took out 1/2 of the money I had in the market and bought land around TX and OK. I have about 40 acres in TX and 20 in OK. Yeah you have to pay taxes on it, but if I were to buy gold I wouldn't be storing that much value at home so the taxes are about the same as what I'd pay for a good deposit box at a bank and I can also go out and enjoy it when I want to. :)

My family land is right next to Findlay, great fishing and great deer hunting. I'm hearing you can bear hunt down there now, pretty amazing. Grew up in the summer at lake Ft. Townsend, I miss that place. Funny fact, some circus use to spend winters in Hugo. #littledixie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT