ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Day 4 of working from home with kids

BoomerMatt

Sooner starter
Gold Member
May 15, 2020
The World
Day 4.

A surprise call at 530ish am alerted me that the schools were closed and all four of my daughters would be staying home … again.

The sweats were immediate.

I knew my fate and it kept my eyes from closing again and sleep beaten for the day. I would be working from home while trying to keep 3 pre-teen girls and a 7 year old girl from destroying my house and eating every drop of our food. My wife, God love her, has attempted to be present in her school work and classes during these four days of frosty Hell.

I have seen more cartwheels than I can count, more hairstyles on my wife’s head than she has had in our entire marriage, and more poorly hidden gummy wrappers than ever in my entire existence.

Arts and crafts, Fortnite, Disney Plus, and Netflix have helped to stay the onslaught of questions about why we can’t go to a park, and why these days will be made up during the first part of summer.

“It’s not fair!” has been their rallying cry.

They don’t think I need to work and my wife doesn’t need to do her school work when they are home and need to be entertained.

Dancing monkeys, we are absolutely not.

So, on this 4th day of icy isolation, I vow that chores will be handed out and electronics shall be stripped from their hands if I hear another rant about their perceived inequities.

Luckily, my brats act wonderfully at school, but I appreciate the patience of their educators more and more as the minutes tick by.

To all my other home-bound brethren, I bid you perseverance and hope. The sun should breakthrough tomorrow and thaw this stalemate and restore routines and order.

Godspeed. We will make it through - hopefully all alive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News