ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Dallas

This is outrageous. 5 dead and 11 total shot. Pure terrorist attack. One terrorist dead, several other suspects being questioned. This has to end. This is a simple issue. When you are stopped by a police officer you comply with the officer.

Attacking police officers is attacking our Constitution. It is attacking the single most important institution that keeps all of us safe. It is terrorism and there is no way around it. We simply can't afford to not call it what it is.

Reactions: iasooner1
At least they will try to do something about it. Can't say the same for our Congressmen and Senators, who stand by and do nothing while our country goes to hell.

Don't forget that it was people like Al Sharpton who fanned the flames in Ferguson and don't forget that we have a president who simply divides us with every word he says about these events. These folks have so polarized us that we have paralyzed ourselves. And, don't forget that it was the president who inserted his justice department into this whole mess who have just pointed all the blame at local law enforcement.

We are in a really bad place and simply dividing us is doing the exact wrong things.

And, please don't forget that it was the Dallas Police Officers who died while protecting the freedom of speech and the freedom to express their political beliefs of the Black Lives Matter protestors. They died so others could enjoy their Constitutional rights.

Don't forget that it was people like Al Sharpton who fanned the flames in Ferguson and don't forget that we have a president who simply divides us with every word he says about these events. These folks have so polarized us that we have paralyzed ourselves. And, don't forget that it was the president who inserted his justice department into this whole mess who have just pointed all the blame at local law enforcement.

We are in a really bad place and simply dividing us is doing the exact wrong things.

And, please don't forget that it was the Dallas Police Officers who died while protecting the freedom of speech and the freedom to express their political beliefs of the Black Lives Matter protestors. They died so others could enjoy their Constitutional rights.

That is bullshit to put this on Obama and that he's "dividing us." If he says anything, people say he's "fanning the flames." If he doesn't say anything, then people say he's not doing anythign to stop the problem. He's doing all he can to stop the plague of gun violence, but people say he's the problem. I find that laughable and idiotic. Their is a very clear problem with our gun culture society, police who devalue the lives of people of color and use deadly force as a first resort and our lawmakers who do nothing but blow hot air while lining their pockets with money from lobbyists. There is plenty of blame to go around. It's not just on the POTUS.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Obama has done his best to divide this country on so many levels.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
That is bullshit to put this on Obama and that he's "dividing us." If he says anything, people say he's "fanning the flames." If he doesn't say anything, then people say he's not doing anything to stop the problem. He's doing all he can to stop the plague of gun violence, but people say he's the problem. I find that laughable and idiotic. Their is a very clear problem with our gun culture society, police who devalue the lives of people of color and use deadly force as a first resort and our lawmakers who do nothing but blow hot air while lining their pockets with money from lobbyists. There is plenty of blame to go around. It's not just on the POTUS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-officer-fatally-shot-during-000000452.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...vid_clarke_war_has_been_declared_on_cops.html

As I went to bed at 2:30 a.m., five officers were dead. One a female. Six in various conditions in either Baylor Hospital or Parkland. Most are DPD, but one is a DART officer, assigned to the local transit authority.

This isn't about gun control. This is about the president of the U.S. giving people permission to shoot at police, because he decided that police are the problem, and used an incident where he knew the facts, lied about them in Ferguson, and said it is the fault of police in general. But he'll use this as yet another occasion to rail against legal gun owners. He will not accept any blame, when he is the chief reason these events keep happening. He'd rather protect terrorists, than those who put their lives on the line for us every day across the country.

It's a very disturbing night in Dallas. They still don't know exactly how many shooters there were. Police were shot in the head and in the back by snipers on top of a multi story building.

When the perp in Ferguson died, because of his owns actions, Obama spoke from the White House to blame the police officer who was doing his job. Obama's own justice dept, the most corrupt of my lifetime, found the facts were the opposite of the POTUS claim. But that fueled these ongoing shootings of our police across the country. And he views those events as an op to rail against gun owners. Last night, when five police officers died, HE TWEETED. His priorities are clear. And he is causing one of the most dangerous professions in the country, and perhaps our most essential, to be much much much more dangerous. This IS on Obama. To defend him is to support the continued violence.

Last edited:
That is bullshit to put this on Obama and that he's "dividing us." If he says anything, people say he's "fanning the flames." If he doesn't say anything, then people say he's not doing anythign to stop the problem. He's doing all he can to stop the plague of gun violence, but people say he's the problem. I find that laughable and idiotic. Their is a very clear problem with our gun culture society, police who devalue the lives of people of color and use deadly force as a first resort and our lawmakers who do nothing but blow hot air while lining their pockets with money from lobbyists. There is plenty of blame to go around. It's not just on the POTUS.

Well, I think it is pretty obvious that it isn't BS. Our gun culture isn't responsible for this stuff. It is those with a criminal bent who are committing these crimes. This president has done not one single thing to help race relations. He has gone the other way on every occasion. Punishing millions of innocent American Citizens for the criminal activities of a few simply makes no sense.

Why do we need MORE gun laws when this administration has continued a trend of failure to uphold the ones we already have (which are by the way already quite thorough and exhaustive if you bother to read the very lengthy federal statute)?

http://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/409/

It seems like many in this country have had their knowledge base whittled down to talking points spread by the political party they endorse. It also seems like folks form their concrete opinions on what transpired based on emotions and the continuous factless chatter of the rush to report to get the most views and clicks media without much in the way of factual information having actually been fleshed out. Geez.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not any longer. The mob mentality is becoming the rule. There was an officer from Ferguson Missouri who has had his life ruined because of trial by media and the like. Has anyone associated with BLM or the likes of Sharpton or Jackson ever even so much as apologized to him for being so WRONG?

All of these 'terrorists' are 16-30 yr old boys. Maybe we should ban 16-30 yr old boys.
This will leave plenty of 18-30 yr old lonely girls for which I'll be available for grief counseling.

Reactions: iasooner1
Why do we need MORE gun laws when this administration has continued a trend of failure to uphold the ones we already have (which are by the way already quite thorough and exhaustive if you bother to read the very lengthy federal statute)?

http://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/409/

It seems like many in this country have had their knowledge base whittled down to talking points spread by the political party they endorse. It also seems like folks form their concrete opinions on what transpired based on emotions and the continuous factless chatter of the rush to report to get the most views and clicks media without much in the way of factual information having actually been fleshed out. Geez.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not any longer. The mob mentality is becoming the rule. There was an officer from Ferguson Missouri who has had his life ruined because of trial by media and the like. Has anyone associated with BLM or the likes of Sharpton or Jackson ever even so much as apologized to him for being so WRONG?
No, no one apologized to that guy.
It's no mistake or oversight that this Department of Justice haven't enforced the 12,000+ gun laws.
They cherry pick the ones they like, just for legitimacy, however it's part of a bigger agenda to overturn that pesky 2nd Amendment.
They'll actually allow a shocking amount of bloodletting to that end.
Wayne Lapierre has been screaming to high heaven about it for years.
A shameful, unforgivable way to do business.
Impeachable actually.

Reactions: Medic007
A couple of observations from my foxhole:

Al Sharpton is nothing more than a race-baiting hustler. He came into the national consciousness on the basis of a blatant lie with the Tawana Brawley incident. His fame and ensuing life in the public eye have sprung from that scam. He has never recanted his central role in that fraud and can be counted on to incite and infuriate at every opportunity.

When it comes to racially based violence, our president falls somewhere on a continuum between inconsistent and hypocritical. It's a matter of public record that:

-- when white people have been shot or killed our president has told us it's because of a "gun problem" in this country. When black people have been shot/killed, he's also repeatedly told us it's the result of a "race problem."

-- in a similar vein, when black people have been killed by a white people or policemen, he'll parrot the rhetoric of the Black Lives Matter movement. However, when dozens of black people are shot every week in America's large cities (yes, I'm first looking at you in Obama's adopted hometown of Chicago) he remains conspicuously silent.

-- a classic case of this happened with Trayvon Martin. President Obama said on national TV that Martin could've been "the son he never had." Do not the scores of teenaged boys murdered every year in Chicago meet that same criteria? You'd never know it based on the president's public pronouncements.

At the very least, President Obama has played favorites during an extremely racially charged period in our nation's history. In my opinion (and I acknowledge that Schoonerman--whose opinions I respect--will disagree with me) he has been culpably deficient in showing the consistency, even-handedness and strong leadership that are so badly needed during these very troubling times.

Regardless of who wins the presidency in November, I do not see events like this ever stopping....if not, increasing. We may be facing domestic upheaval that will make the decade of the 1960's look like the decade of the 1950's.
I feel the same way about Middle East terrorism on a global scale. We have opened "Pandora's Box" 14 years ago and now face a blow back response that will be part of our lives from now on.

This is not going to be well received and it is the only time that I have ever post anything about guns or anything about this shit. Why can anyone buy body armor? Why does anyone need a weapon that can fire so many rounds so quickly? Why is anyone surprised that police officers are murdered while people parade around chanting "pigs in blankets" and other suggestive phrases about killing law enforcement people? Why has the world's most powerful leader decided to divided our country? Why do US citizens have the absolute worse choices in history for the next POTUS? Why does anyone care about anything except what will benefit the USA? Do you really care about someone from another country that isn't allowed to come and live in America? I could go on and on, but I won't.

Answer: To take down bad guys who have weapons that can fire so many rounds so quickly.

And why do people want to tramp on my second amendment right?

Fact: Thousands of returning soldiers from WW11 brought back fully automatic rifles after the war. I never remember one story of those weapons being used in a massacre.

It's not the tool(weapon), it's the person. How hard is that to understand?

And why do people want to tramp on my second amendment right?

Fact: Thousands of returning soldiers from WW11 brought back fully automatic rifles after the war. I never remember one story of those weapons being used in a massacre.

It's not the tool(weapon), it's the person. How hard is that to understand?
Well, clearly if I could legally buy and own a Laws rocket launcher, got to say, I would.
Pretty cool man.

Why can anyone buy body armor? Why does anyone need a weapon that can fire so many rounds so quickly? .

People can buy body armor because we "still" live in a free country, at least for now.

My semi-automatic pistols can fire rounds as quickly as my semi-automatic long guns. In fact, I can fire my revolvers almost as fast as the semi-automatics. The difference is that it takes way more time to reload.

Answer: To take down bad guys who have weapons that can fire so many rounds so quickly.

22, I doubt that You will ever have to worry about that. I have no issue with the right to bear arms, but those type weapons are bulls**t and there isn't a more conservative person alive in America than me.

22, I doubt that You will ever have to worry about that. I have no issue with the right to bear arms, but those type weapons are bulls**t and there isn't a more conservative person alive in America than me.

I'm talking about good guys vs. bad guys in general. I don't own one. I own only handguns.

Even so, I don't understand the logic behind disarming the good guys. Makes no sense.

As I said "this will not be well received" so I'm done. I am simply venting.

In your defense Oklabama, we gun fellows respect your premise...however, it wouldn't be a fair fight if only the malevolent, evil bad guys have those rapid fire semi automatic weapons. (AR-15s and such)
The law abiding good people should have access to them as well.

In your defense Oklabama, we gun fellows respect your premise...however, it wouldn't be a fair fight if only the malevolent, evil bad guys have those rapid fire semi automatic weapons. (AR-15s and such)
The law abiding good people should have access to them as well.

I accept that that a lot of good Americans feel differently than me and even though more feel as I do, all citizens have the right to their opinion. I respect that. That is what America is all about. I just wish there was a solution to what has taken place the last couple of days. It is sickening regardless of how any of us feel about gun control. That, I'm certain, is true. Thank goodness we can agree on that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT