ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Career Advice

SoonerLore

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2008
South Texas
Hello Fellow Sooners,
I have gone back and forth on whether I should even make this post, but settled in on "what do I have to lose"? After nine years in education I left due to a variety of reasons, mostly becasue I feel into education and never really wanted to stay as long as I did. I made the decision to part ways and go back to school as a full time graduate student and will finish my master's in Finance this coming May. So now it is time to put this degree from The University of Oklahoma to work. Having not really looked for a position in over a decade I am having difficulty. Sure, I have looked at Indeed and other similar career/job sites in attempts to find the correct pathway for me. It took about a week for this to feel like a futile methed.

Does anyone have any leads, suggestions, etc. for an OU grad trying to get in with a business/company? I would like to leverage my degree if possible. I need to stay in Texas. This is a second career so I have not developed the connections I would like to have to change industries in this manner. Bascially need to find a position that allows for me to prove my worth so as I can move upward. Unfortuantly I cannot work straight comission or 1099 due to having children and do need at minimum a steady base salary to keep the lights on.

Any advice, legitimate suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to DM if you are able to assist or reply.

Dumb ass replies are also appreciated especially if they are funny and/or witty.

Thanks brothers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News