ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Golf Drivers

gabbo34

Sooner starter
Jan 5, 2014
FloMo
I fell out of love with my PXG in record time the last few months. So I bit the bullet and got custom fit at a local shop yesterday. I spent 90 minutes hitting all the new stuff out there. I ended up back with PING and got the G430. It was the most consistent and among the longest. And the sound is MUCH improved from the G425. I also loved the Titleist TSR2. I had my longest drives by a few yards with it.

I also liked the Mizuno ST-230.

I was disappointed in the Callaway Paradym. The Rogue Max (which replaced the PXG) was better. I wanted to love the new Srixon ZX5 MKii (love my ZX5 irons), but just didn't perform as well for me.

I was disappointed in the TM Stealth. And no love for the Cobra Aerojet....it feels like Cobra has gone backward from the Speed Zone.

There is a lot of good stuff though...and everybody is so different in what fits for them. Hit a zillion shafts after we found the two heads I liked. I loved the Ventus TR Red, but wasn't ready to drop that type of money. It's crazy how different shafts perform and what you like vs what performs well.

It was a good, though expensive experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News