ADVERTISEMENT

Oh well

Larry4681

Walk-on candidate
Sep 27, 2023
So basically everything we needed to have happened today didn’t. I would say the chances of osu or Texas losing next week are very low. Oh well no one to blame but ourselves

True, but it is crazy that a team ranked 10 spots behind OU will play in the Big 12 Championship. Seems to me that if 3 teams are tied for 2nd and they all didn’t play each other, the highest ranked team should go. It’s possible that OSU is ranked behind both OU and KSU, yet they will play in the Championship. But, like you said, OU only has themselves to blame!

Losing to OSU was the end of Big 12 Championship goal. With smarter coaching, no turnovers, and fewer dumb ass penalties, we could have overcome the moronic Officials. A good bowl is what remains after the final home game. What might have been is something shrouded in dust.
Given OU is a game away from a ten-win season, a good bowl appearance and possibly a top ten ranking, nothing is “shrouded in dust” when considering where OU is now from where it was from the uncertainty of two years ago.
Venables is playing many young players and transfers learning OU’s system and getting by with what amounts to an interim quarterback so there’s still lots of work ahead.
I don’t believe we should overlook the big picture right now.

So basically everything we needed to have happened today didn’t. I would say the chances of osu or Texas losing next week are very low. Oh well no one to blame but ourselves
If most agree that the Big 12 sucks then playing in the Big 12 Championship game is like striving to win a beauty pageant with no real beauties in the completion. Sure someone gets crowned but that doesn’t mean the winner was a beauty either.

So if Texas plays OSU (23) and wins do they have a shot at making the playoffs? Michigan and Ohio State still need to play one will have one loss. Bama and Georgia, UGA wins bama is out, bama wins and both have one loss. Oregon and Washington will play, Oregon wins they both have one loss. Florida State (w/out QB) and Louisville will play, and Louisville will probably win giving each of them one loss. So there is a possibility that all 4 playoff teams will have one loss. 9 teams with one loss, no way Texas is one of those 4

If most agree that the Big 12 sucks then playing in the Big 12 Championship game is like striving to win a beauty pageant with no real beauties in the completion. Sure someone gets crowned but that doesn’t mean the winner was a beauty either.

Nah nobody values the Big 12 title anymore, we have 14. Thats 5 more than Texas, Baylor and
K- State have combined with 3 each.
Would have been a nice way to say f-you Big 12 by taking one more as we leave the Dumpster Fire. Oh well, they are butt hurt enough I guess. 🤣

So if Texas plays OSU (23) and wins do they have a shot at making the playoffs? Michigan and Ohio State still need to play one will have one loss. Bama and Georgia, UGA wins bama is out, bama wins and both have one loss. Oregon and Washington will play, Oregon wins they both have one loss. Florida State (w/out QB) and Louisville will play, and Louisville will probably win giving each of them one loss. So there is a possibility that all 4 playoff teams will have one loss. 9 teams with one loss, no way Texas is one of those 4
If Bama beats UGA that 2 spots taken in the final 4. Its one of those unwritten rules that is there you cant see. Michigan / Ohio State winner gets the 3rd spot and quite possibly this lovely committee makes it an all SEC - B10 final 4. If Washington wins out then only 1 B10 team gets in even though I think Oregon would beat both of those B10 teams if they beat Washington. So Texas only hope in my opinion is for UGA to win out, Oregon to beat Washington, Louisville beats FSU and hope like hell the Mich - OSU game isnt close.

Personally I am all for any scenario that keeps Texas out of playoffs. Go Tech this weekend

I see two pac teams, Oregon and Washington along with Georgia and Michigan in this seasons playoff. Ducks and bulldogs in the finale. Both ducks and bulldogs are stomping ass in a ridiculous way.

Reactions: iasooner2000
If Bama beats UGA that 2 spots taken in the final 4. Its one of those unwritten rules that is there you cant see. Michigan / Ohio State winner gets the 3rd spot and quite possibly this lovely committee makes it an all SEC - B10 final 4. If Washington wins out then only 1 B10 team gets in even though I think Oregon would beat both of those B10 teams if they beat Washington. So Texas only hope in my opinion is for UGA to win out, Oregon to beat Washington, Louisville beats FSU and hope like hell the Mich - OSU game isnt close.

Personally I am all for any scenario that keeps Texas out of playoffs. Go Tech this weekend
I don't know how good FL. States Backup QB is but they are gonna miss having Jordan Travis so they may go down.
And yep if Bama beats UGA they will both get in for sure. I don't see anyone beating Georgia tho but Saban will have his giys ready to go so its possible.
Texass is gonna need a lot of help to get in. Lots of weird stuff happens this time of yr and I imagine we will see some weird stuff this time as well.

Last edited:
I've actually seen one of those, my junior year in high school. And the girl that won,was the least attractive of all. Of course, she went to the Miss Texas Pageant, and won Miss Contgeniality.

And you wonder why people despise ou fans…
b6cDOXe.gif

I bet that guy gained some notoriety! I can't stop laughing. What was he thinking? Holy shit! 🤣
Kirk Herbstreit was on the broadcast that night and was kind of speechless at the time I remember. He had a hard time wrapping his head around what the guy was thinking also. By the way, I just wiped a tear from my eye in honor of HopkinsPoke’s hurt feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT