ADVERTISEMENT

Official OU-K-State game thread.

Adrian Martinez is amazing! Lol. Here’s the playbook for the Big 12. We’ll be fortunate to only lose 3 this season.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I'm not at all surprised. We've been watching KSU beat us with lesser talent for years. I think the worst was in KC for the big 12 championship. They whipped us good and sent us home wondering what happened.

Why do we consistently get our sh1t pushed in by these guys? I'm so sick of the stars next to dudes names when they get handled by K-State and Baylor. I bet Kansas kicks our ass.

All we need is an onside kick for a td, and we’re golden.

The way all the games were going today, I figured we might be in for a close one. I didn’t see OU making KSU looking like an elite team tho.

Guy was a human turnover machine at Nebraska, put up 10 points against Tulane last week, yet looked like Patrick Mahomes against OU’s defense tonight.
Makes me want to projectile vomit. He will have 3 interceptions next week.

Better take it personally if Brent is who he proclaims to be.

I'm personally sick of this shit.
We lost to the team that lost to Tulane. Transitive property should apply here. Brent should be humiliated right now. As should all those high 4 star types that were man-handled. I'll give it a few years but we don't have them. K-State is probably equivalent to the Mississippi schools in talent and tenacity. We will not fair well in the SEC if this is our mental and physical makeup.

This was the ultimate trap game. KState lost at home last week, when Deuce Vaughn was dealing with cramp issues. They're a difference team without him at full speed. But there was a lot to see before tonight that showed what might be coming.

KState is a very well coached team. When they've beaten us in the past. We've had penalty problems.
We did again tonight. We had bad plays in the kicking game. KState had a huge kickoff return that was a big momentum play in the game tonight. We've had problem in the qb run game. We did again tonight.

KState is a good team, and they we're very well prepared against OUr speed offense. There were a lot of third down throws that were not good. But part of that was KState having a guy in the passing lane five yards off the LOS. Gabriel throws a nice touch pass on the deep ball with his feet set. And he throws a nice medium ball, like 15 yard out routes when he steps into the throw and drills its. But when a guy is in the throwing lane and the ball needs a little arc on it, he's not good at that. And he's not good and making plays when the pocket gets unexpectedly moved.

In football these days. if your offense is going to be really good, your quarterback has to make lemonade plays. He has to ;make lemonade out of lemons. That's not Gabriel's long suit. And for the rest of the season, he's mostly going to face better defenses than he faced in the AAC. For all the Big XII bashing around, it's a conference of really good coaches and over half the schools.

They're good at not letting you do what you do best. Especially when you trying to do "Warp Speed" they can teach their defense what you want to do formation wise. And so far, we're pretty short of playmakers at wide, besides Mims. Defenses can take him away in games. And have. KState did that mostly tonight, except for one play.

I think Lebby is a very overrated OC. But we need to get some more studs. I know Gabriel knows the offense really well, But he's not in the top half of the league in terms of pure qb talent, although he is surprisingly fast sometimes. But he's not really quick.

Let's see how we respond after this. But this team will be hard pressed to get to my pre-season prediction of 9-3 during the regular season.

We beat a name last week and I believe it went to all their heads.
Things I don't want to hear in the Post Game Pressers.
"We're so close"
"What a nice bunch of guys to lose to, if we lose a game to them its almost like a win because they are so nice"
"We did so many hype videos this week we forgot to practice"
"We tried to tackle them they just didn't cooperate"
"We saw how Tulane beat them but they wouldn't loan us their players"

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
We beat a name last week and I believe it went to all their heads.
Things I don't want to hear in the Post Game Pressers.
"We're so close"
"What a nice bunch of guys to lose to, if we lose a game to them its almost like a win because they are so nice"
"We did so many hype videos this week we forgot to practice"
"We tried to tackle them they just didn't cooperate"
"We saw how Tulane beat them but they wouldn't loan us their players"
Well I listened to the post game and none of that was said. On the serious side BV face was as red as Rudolphs nose was on Christman Eve in that storm. You could tell he was not happy at all with what transpired tonight.

Well I listened to the post game and none of that was said. On the serious side BV face was as red as Rudolphs nose was on Christman Eve in that storm. You could tell he was not happy at all with what transpired tonight.
Lol thank goodness.
Yep he was pissed, he even said as much. That was a very winnable game and he knows it, we all know it. Even with all that went wrong we still had many opportunities to get it done but didn't.

So now we are throwing coaches and Gabriel under the bus as this team.... a team in transition after losing 4 key players on defense, a fabulous freshman QB, its best running back, its best receiver, three offensive linemen and a rebuilt coaching staff.... tries to win games with less talent than a season ago.
Many here knew this was going to be a season of mixed results.
Last night was very disappointing, but for me, it was not at all surprising.
Great coaches learn from adversity and that sometimes they must take a step back before going forward. I believe Venables is a coach that will learn lessons through adversity as this football program works to be great again.
A realistic hope for me is that Venables' team gets better as October and November play out. That the team that played last night is a much better team at season's end.
Only complaint I of Gabriel is that with his height he is not a pocket passer, and he needs to use his mobility to buy more time to find open receivers (who are good players). Currently, he is hurriedly throwing into traffic too much. (Of course, the offensive line needs to step up as well).
As for the defense playing at a higher level, it is for me, a part of Venables' future...... and I don't see that happening this season.

So now we are throwing coaches and Gabriel under the bus as this team.... a team in transition after losing 4 key players on defense, a fabulous freshman QB, its best running back, its best receiver, three offensive linemen and a rebuilt coaching staff.... tries to win games with less talent than a season ago.
Many here knew this was going to be a season of mixed results.
Last night was very disappointing, but for me, it was not at all surprising.
Great coaches learn from adversity and that sometimes they must take a step back before going forward. I believe Venables is a coach that will learn lessons through adversity as this football program works to be great again.
A realistic hope for me is that Venables' team gets better as October and November play out. That the team that played last night is a much better team at season's end.
Only complaint I of Gabriel is that with his height he is not a pocket passer, and he needs to use his mobility to buy more time to find open receivers (who are good players). Currently, he is hurriedly throwing into traffic too much. (Of course, the offensive line needs to step up as well).
As for the defense playing at a higher level, it is for me, a part of Venables' future...... and I don't see that happening this season.
I don’t see anyone throwing BV or Gabriel under the bus but fans are pointing out the obvious in the loss. Gabriel did not have a great game period. His stats may say he did but he missed open receivers that could have changed this game quite a bit last night. Did he make some nice plays- yes but its those ones he didnt make that could have changed the game. Nothing wrong with fans being critical and pointing out those things. Even Gabriel himself said in the post game he should have played better.

Overall this was a team loss and I am pretty sure BV and his staff will learn from this and hopefully so will the players. The uptick to this loss is that unlike in the past the D continued to played hard even though they were getting handled by KSU offensively. That is not something OU ever saw under Riley.

I believe BV is the right man for OU as he is passionate and you could tell he was very pissed in his presser. The entire team should be pissed and if they are it can only help going forward.

Reactions: iasooner2000
For what its worth BV stated in his presser when asked about the big 3rd and 16 conversion by KSU late in the game what happened he said “ For whatever reason our spy player on Martinez was not where he was suppose to be for whatever reason”. Is that throwing a player under the bus or just stating actual facts? To me BV was just stating facts.

For what its worth BV stated in his presser when asked about the big 3rd and 16 conversion by KSU late in the game what happened he said “ For whatever reason our spy player on Martinez was not where he was suppose to be for whatever reason”. Is that throwing a player under the bus or just stating actual facts? To me BV was just stating fac
went back and watch White is the only player in the middle of the field and hes 15 yards off the ball. He either took a bad angle or just got outran. There was a holding on Stutsman that did not get called. Did Kanak play? seems with his speed he would have been a good option out there to spy the qb.

There were some on here saying we are going undefeated HA. Come on......we have a new coach, new QB, new everything......we are going to lose a game or two this season.
Without a doubt brother. I'm overly optimistic though, why I suck at poker.

A lot of coulda/woulda/shoulda in this game, but if White makes that tackle on 2nd and 5, we dont get the facemask and give them a 1st down and 15 yrds. instead its 3rd and 8 at the 28 yard line.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT