ADVERTISEMENT

*OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS KANSAS GAME THREAD*

One thing is fore sure and it goes back to years past. How many 14-21 point leads have we seen blown late in games. Keeping fingers crossed the D comes out to get a stop to start 3rd.

When I go pessimistic, most of the time it works in OUr favor.

Notice you didn't have shit to say to my reply. I've given you more respect than most on this board, in the past when others mocked you, I defended you. I've acknowledged your experience and input numerous times.

Notice you didn't have shit to say to my reply. I've given you more respect than most on this board, in the past when others mocked you, I defended you. I've acknowledged your experience and input numerous times.
I've looked back through the whole thread. I honestly don't know what reply you're referencing.

With the OU D and the way we was running the ball that clock now sits at around 1:30 instead of 3:30. Now here comes the onside and if they get it they might score in less than a minute

Woody your not burning any clock if you turn around and snap it with 20-25 seconds on play clock. Not good clock management
Running game fixes it all my man. The threat of taking it to the house which we did in the first half changes the whole dynamic of the game along with Dillon's outstanding performance thus far. Balance will blow your opponent up. Now OUr defense needs some fixing no doubt about it. 😄

I've looked back through the whole thread. I honestly don't know what reply you're referencing.

The other thread and reply you ignored. I think you're smart enough to figure it out. You definitely think you're smart enough to figure it out.

Giving up 42 points at home to a KU second string QB? I cannot get excited about progress. With 700 yds offense, a normal team would win by 36 points plus. But this D refuses to have any clue about coverage. We seem to have no pride...just shrug shoulders and stand in wet cement time and time again. Hope we don’t give up 28 plus to the Clones.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Giving up 42 points at home to a KU second string QB? I cannot get excited about progress. With 700 yds offense, a normal team would win by 36 points plus. But this D refuses to have any clue about coverage. We seem to have no pride...just shrug shoulders and stand in wet cement time and time again. Hope we don’t give up 28 plus to the Clones.
Techically the KU QB has been a starter last season. Not a true backup but more like a starter who just happened to get beat out this year

Yeah, horns escaped with a lucky win today. Cyclones are tough.

This is a good win. A much needed win. Better play on both sides of the ball. But 42 points given up. Damn. What teams are coming up that have as good or better offense as this Kansas team without their starting quarterback. I’d say most. Hope we can keep improving.
Obvious OUr defense needs some work. They held up though.

Obvious OUr defense needs some work. They held up though.
They played much better but I wouldn’t call giving up 42 points holding up. The only reason we won was due to Gabriel and the rest of offense. Good line blocking, hard running and making plays receiving the ball. Total offensive effort from everyone. The defense had its plays too which were missing. But Brent can’t settle for that. I think the defense will continue to improve but maybe not soon enough to save this squad from sitting home during bowl season. West Virginia should be a win. The others are going to put pressure on our defense unless it improves soon.

Last edited:
They played much better but I wouldn’t call giving up 42 points holding up. The only reason we won was Gabriel and the rest of offense. Good line blocking, hard running and making plays receiving the ball. Total offensive effort from everyone. The defense had its plays too which were missing. But Brent can’t settle for that. I think the defense will continue to improve but maybe not soon enough to save this squad from sitting home during bowl season. West Virginia should be a win. The others are going to put pressure on our defense unless it improves soon. WV is our last game so the next four are going to be a big challenge.
No doubt about, OUr offense has carried the load as they have the last 12 or 13 years? I don't expect that to be the norm though with Brent. We're only 7 games in. 😉

After watching this game, it seems like getting away from arena-style football will not go away overnight and Venables has much to do to wean OU away from it.... which is mostly about him draining the swamp of current defensive players from the previous regime.
Venables' recruiting so far indicates much better days ahead.

After watching this game, it seems like getting away from arena-style football will not go away overnight and Venables has much to do to wean OU away from it.... which is mostly about him draining the swamp of current defensive players from the previous regime.
Venables' recruiting so far indicates much better days ahead.
Brother, Brent's weaning. Folks are impatient though. 👍

A solid front 7 will help with the backend. Had a coworker at the Texas game with one of our players who is committed to Texas. Colton Vasek was taking an unofficial visit to the game, He was hanging out with Arch Manning all afternoon.

A solid front 7 will help with the backend. Had a coworker at the Texas game with one of our players who is committed to Texas. Colton Vasek was taking an unofficial visit to the game, He was hanging out with Arch Manning all afternoon.
Arch gonna buy him a Bentley or Lamborghini? 🤣. Vasek is from Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT