ADVERTISEMENT

Official Bedlam thread.

Someone need to have the balls to ask Lebby “ Do you have any concept of what eating clock is”.

He should, considering he doesn’t have a problem eating anything that’s on the table, along with seconds and thirds.

Mangino knew what he was doing. Not sure how lebby had gotten to where he is. Between this game and time management, and there Texas game and it's play calling, dude is stealing money.
Welp, who would be the next hired gun would be my question?

Why's everyone calling for BV's and Lebby's heads after 11 games? Jackson is a talent from day one. We'll be fine brother. Imo. 👍

If Brent doesn’t fire this idiot tomorrow, Brent should be fired. 1000% on him and instead of saying the obvious, Lebby tries to blame his players.

I’m pretty sure there won’t be any firings now but if Joe C. and/or Bob don’t sit down with Brent and have a conversation then something is wrong. This is looking like another Gary Gibbs experiment and we don’t have time for it. We need to get our house in order before the SEC.

Hats off to the defense. They played 4 quarters with focus and intensity. They weren't perfect and some old habits showed up a few times but the effort was always there. And considering that the offense left them hanging for 3 quarters, I'm proud of that performance.

Up 28-3,,,28-10 in the 4th qtr, why is our offense going at hyper speed!?
Lebby said that he needed to do a better job. Brilliant. I really like the way he shirted around the question about snapping the ball so soon (23 seconds on the clock). Basically the same post game comments that Brent spewed. Brent sounded lost for words but relieved.

Lebby said that he needed to do a better job. Brilliant. I really like the way he shirted around the question about snapping the ball so soon (23 seconds on the clock). Basically the same post game comments that Brent spewed. Brent sounded lost for words but relieved.

He’s been saying this week after week. The fool can’t call a consistent game start to finish. Early in season he was clearly the blowhard about having the most plays in CFB. What the most inept plays?

Reactions: Medic007
Ever fiber in my body wants to see BV succeed. However when he says certain things I wonder if he may be in over his head as a HC. I know he is a stand up individual but that doesnt always equate to being a great HC. Some guys are great cordinators but just not HC material

Ever fiber in my body wants to see BV succeed. However when he says certain things I wonder if he may be in over his head as a HC. I know he is a stand up individual but that doesnt always equate to being a great HC. Some guys are great cordinators but just not HC material
He can redeem himself by firing Lebby. It's clear why Lebby had success at his previous positions.

After 11 games the sky is falling? 😁

I think we're being a little too tough on Lebby. These days, to be really good on offense, you have to have a lemonade maker at quarterback. We just don't have that. 75% of the time, if things go well on a play, DG will get the job done. But when it doesn't go well, Dillon doesn't break many tackles. He has some quickness. But he goes down pretty easily. And he misses wide open TD throws once a game, and several others of first downs.

It appeared to me last night that Gray was more than a little dinged. And l'm not sure they trust Barnes to execute the whole offense. Major has proved to be minor, or is more dinged.

OUr OLine has three castoffs, a supposed top draft pick, and a center who sent a third of his snaps last night back in slow motion. Last night, it was Farooq's turn to drop on target passes multiple times.

The plan was pretty good last night, aside from the stupidity of 15 second snap intervals protecting a lead in the 4th quarter. It should have been a five touchdown 1st quarter, but Gabriel missed a wide open Gray on a brilliantly conceived design.

This offense is a lot more about player issues, that OC problems. I don't think Lebby is nearly as good as portrayed in spring ball. But that gap was a lot smaller than the reality and what is being blasted at Lebby's rep here and elsewhere this morning.

I think we're being a little too tough on Lebby. These days, to be really good on offense, you have to have a lemonade maker at quarterback. We just don't have that. 75% of the time, if things go well on a play, DG will get the job done. But when it doesn't go well, Dillon doesn't break many tackles. He has some quickness. But he goes down pretty easily. And he misses wide open TD throws once a game, and several others of first downs.

It appeared to me last night that Gray was more than a little dinged. And l'm not sure they trust Barnes to execute the whole offense. Major has proved to be minor, or is more dinged.

OUr OLine has three castoffs, a supposed top draft pick, and a center who sent a third of his snaps last night back in slow motion. Last night, it was Farooq's turn to drop on target passes multiple times.

The plan was pretty good last night, aside from the stupidity of 15 second snap intervals protecting a lead in the 4th quarter. It should have been a five touchdown 1st quarter, but Gabriel missed a wide open Gray on a brilliantly conceived design.

This offense is a lot more about player issues, that OC problems. I don't think Lebby is nearly as good as portrayed in spring ball. But that gap was a lot smaller than the reality and what is being blasted at Lebby's rep here and elsewhere this morning.
Congel was at center, he's our backup not sure what happened to rayhm, Guyton also played a lot last night and he wasn't a regular starter. Yes not everything is on lebby, players have to make plays, but 9/14 possession later under 2 minutes, can't happen, after the 3rd one he should have known to slow things down, get in a huddle and run the ball. Gabriel struggled for whatever reason in the second half. Take the ball out of his hands and rely on the run game. That would have been a perfect time to use that BS of an offense we used at Texas. If you think about it this is his first true season of calling his own plays. He's had an offensive minded head coach that would probably correct a few things he was doing wrong.

Plaino, one of your best insights ^^^^.
This team is a bit of a patchwork entity.
The 2022 transfers, outside of Gabriel and Mettauer, are bargain basement additions for the most part and Raym may be a better fit at guard.
OU apparently took what it could get in this year's transfer portal and the solid freshman class has to be developed with time.
I have believed that OU's main issue is its level of talent, which if one really follows the team, can be seen as not up to OU standards. So much was lost from last year and for whatever reason(s), the replacements have shown to be of lesser ability.
I think the level of talent can also determine how well it can be coached, and in OU's case, the coaches are trying to "put lipstick on a pig".
The current staff may need to be changed within the next year, but right now, I can't dump too much blame on any OU coach.

The 2022 transfers, outside of Gabriel and Mettauer, are bargain basement additions for the most part and Raym may be a better fit at guard.
OU apparently took what it could get in this year's transfer portal and the solid freshman class has to be developed with time.
I have believed that OU's main issue is its level of talent, which if one really follows the team, can be seen as not up to OU standards. So much was lost from last year and for whatever reason(s), the replacements have shown to be of lesser ability.
I think the level of talent can also determine how well it can be coached, and in OU's case, the coaches are trying to "put lipstick on a pig".
The current staff may need to be changed within the next year, but right now, I can't dump too much blame on any OU coach.
There's no blame on any coach ct. Lipstick on a pig was expected, transition is tough. We'll be fine. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt City Sooner
I don’t know what’s (or who’s) the problem but it’s clear that the coaches are struggling. Did you watch the on the field interview with Brent after the game?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Congel was at center, he's our backup not sure what happened to rayhm, Guyton also played a lot last night and he wasn't a regular starter. Yes not everything is on lebby, players have to make plays, but 9/14 possession later under 2 minutes, can't happen, after the 3rd one he should have known to slow things down, get in a huddle and run the ball. Gabriel struggled for whatever reason in the second half. Take the ball out of his hands and rely on the run game. That would have been a perfect time to use that BS of an offense we used at Texas. If you think about it this is his first true season of calling his own plays. He's had an offensive minded head coach that would probably correct a few things he was doing wrong.
Do we have more than one Congel? I was sure I saw Congel on the sidelines with a jersey but no pads. Maybe we were playing number 3 center. That would explain a lot.

What was said about this team before the season started, is nowhere close to what we are seeing. LOFT is always one cog in the gear, but player development and coaching are bigger ones. This team is pretty toothless on the field. I just do not get the lack of adjustments and players plodding along. Way too much football has been played to see this crap manifesting itself ever since K-State smacked us around.

What was said about this team before the season started, is nowhere close to what we are seeing. LOFT is always one cog in the gear, but player development and coaching are bigger ones. This team is pretty toothless on the field. I just do not get the lack of adjustments and players plodding along. Way too much football has been played to see this crap manifesting itself ever since K-State smacked us around.
Not all, but most of the time, good coaches can produce a quality game plan for a half. But coaching being close to equal, the second half usually talent prevails. It's easier to make great adjustments if your X's are better than their O's. OUr talent is substandard right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT