ADVERTISEMENT

Note on the Sooners' top 2025 target at TE

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

This serves as notice that I am moving my FutureCast to Oregon for DaSaahn Brame, as I'm about ready to call the race in the Ducks' favor. I checked in with the blue-chip tight end today in Derby (Kan.), and walked away with the unambiguous impression that Oregon's advantage is darn near insurmountable. Without going into too much detail, I'll add that the Sooners have dug deep into the bag of tricks these last few weeks, per a couple of sources on the OU side. Brent Venables himself has become more involved in the Sooners' pursuit of Brame recently. But it seems to be too little and too late.

Oklahoma had the early buzz in Brame's recruitment, hence my FutureCast for the Sooners that had stood since last July. I'll reiterate a detail I've previously reported: his family would prefer that he stays close to home. But again, at the end of the day, it's the kid's decision. No one in his camp is going to attempt to make it for him. He's become pretty enamored with Dan Lanning's program, particularly because of their prominent use of the tight end. He sees his skill set as a pretty natural fit for the Ducks' scheme, and that's helped Oregon cement their status as the program to beat heading into OV season.

The Sooners will host him on June 7 and make a last-ditch effort to sway him, but I'm not of the opinion that it'll be successful. I wouldn't have imagined six months ago that the Sooners would come up completely empty with a target list that included Brame, Nate Roberts, Chase Loftin and Linkon Cure. But here we are, and it appears that's exactly what's going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News