ADVERTISEMENT

NFL owners approve major changes to extra point rules.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-change-extra-point-kicks-longer-distance-221444645--spt.html

First, they are going to have a different location for two point conversions and one point conversions, which I believe is stupid. I wonder if after a penalty, you'll be allowed to change back.

Two pointers will be spotted on the two, as they have been since the merger. But the line of scrimmage for the kicks will now be the 15. So the kickers will be kicking either 32 or 33 yard extra points. Some teams snap it seven yards, some snap eight.

The other big change will be adopting a rule similar to the NCAA rule, allowing turnovers on the try, to be returned for two points. Basically, this means they'll be a lot fewer ties when both teams score three touchdowns and kick the same number of field goals.

More kickers deciding games? Fewer? More injuries on extra point attempts for two points on goal lines.

Can you tell? I don't like the change.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-change-extra-point-kicks-longer-distance-221444645--spt.html

First, they are going to have a different location for two point conversions and one point conversions, which I believe is stupid. I wonder if after a penalty, you'll be allowed to change back.

Two pointers will be spotted on the two, as they have been since the merger. But the line of scrimmage for the kicks will now be the 15. So the kickers will be kicking either 32 or 33 yard extra points. Some teams snap it seven yards, some snap eight.

The other big change will be adopting a rule similar to the NCAA rule, allowing turnovers on the try, to be returned for two points. Basically, this means they'll be a lot fewer ties when both teams score three touchdowns and kick the same number of field goals.

More kickers deciding games? Fewer? More injuries on extra point attempts for two points on goal lines.

Can you tell? I don't like the change.
quite honestly I am not a big fan of the NFL anyway..for many reasons. Just another who cares game rules change to make them somewhat more relevant?...rather watch college sports anytime..

quite honestly I am not a big fan of the NFL anyway..for many reasons. Just another who cares game rules change to make them somewhat more relevant?...rather watch college sports anytime..

I agree. I don't even watch the NFL anyone. Change all the rules you want.

I dropped NASCAR this year because they change the rules weekly, or it seems.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
83, I'm with you on that. But I do have a problem with college basketball, both the men's and women's side. It's as corrupt as the NBA, just in a different way. And the quality of players in the NBA is sooooo superior.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out with the decisions that will have to be made. I can already hear the Monday morning qb's.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out with the decisions that will have to be made. I can already hear the Monday morning qb's.

Football is entertainment, pure and simple.... and becasue of this, I think this change will be at least more entertaining. These types of changes are pretty decent. At least they are announced and discussed. The change that I, or anyone for that matter missed, was when the NFL changed what the defintion of what a catch was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT