ADVERTISEMENT

NEW IMPORTANT UPDATED INFO 12/22: About the 3500 tickets OU got for the Cotton Bowl

TexasSooners

Walk-on candidate
Silver Member
Dec 18, 2020
UPDATED WITH IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION 12/228:30 PM CST

I am a new member who has read threads, but now have joined, with no experience posting. I want to share this IMPORTANT INFO. with others. I shared this with Josh_M first for guidance. He said to go ahead and post the first post.. *Edited now that it is official OU vs Florida.

The information given is verifiable by informed sources. Please share with others who may be interested in going to the Cotton Bowl who will appreciate this.

I have been a Season ticket holder for the Cotton Bowl for 32 years.
I have a friend who works for the Cotton Bowl & the organization is very excited the Sooners are coming. I have a wealth of insights about this game to assist you.

OU got approximately only 3500 tickets. That news is not welcome, as interest in the Cotton Bowl is great. The Sooners last played in the 2013 Cotton Bowl, but many things have changed.

This thread is to help you by describing the tickets sent for OU, with description of various face value prices, locations, and types of views.

I wrote another thread with tips from my many years of experience to help you Search for tickets on secondary ticket market websites & help you be aware of & how to find very many repeated tickets for the same exact seats posted simultaneously on multiple websites, but at different prices. Uninformed fans can be misled into thinking that there are thousands of tickets for sale. (There are less than 2000 actual separate tickets available, verified through research.)

You can use the information posted on this page to aid you in searching for your tickets.

That other thread will also give tips for best parking, Tail gating locations, stadium info, etc.)

Stadium seating capacity has been reduced for fan safety. The Cotton Bowl will use the proven safety plan which was refined all season by the Dallas Cowboys in AT&T Stadium so all fans will have a safe & memorable Cotton Bowl experience.The Cowboys have had no problems & there have been no coronavirus issues. One can read about safety protocols on the Dallas Cowboys website, (in Menu click Stadium)

You should check out ticket options & prices NOW on secondary marketplace ticket websites. You can be ready to act quickly when thousands of others from both participating universities will be looking for tickets & there are not a lot of tickets available on the internet. (It appears to be less than 2,000 posted for sale as I update this on Dec. 20. this has been a fairly constant number since tickets were first posted in early December..most are the exact same seats posted simultaneously on multiple websites.

Ticket Exchange is the "Official" Cotton Bowl ticket market website, run by TicketMaster, which runs the program for Cotton Bowl Season Ticket ticketing. Many Cotton Bowl ticket holders sell their tickets on Ticket Exchange.Authentic tickets, verified. I've directed friends there in the past who were seeking tickets. There are benefits to using the Cotton Bowl Official ticket marketplace website, including savings on tickets (5-10% less fee added to tickets compared to all ticket websites) which I will detail in a separate thread.

From the Cotton Bowl Dec. 16:
" Game day is only two weeks away, and we want to help provide a few important reminders to make your stadium entry easier.
All tickets and parking passes for this year’s 85th Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic will be distributed via mobile delivery ONLY. In order to provide a contactless experience for fans, there will no longer be physical tickets. YOUR PHONE IS YOUR TICKET!

Fans can access and manage your tickets through the official Goodyear Cotton Bowl Mobile App on Apple and Android devices, and available for download via the App Store and Google Play. Tickets will also be available to download and store on your digital wallets.

To expedite entry and ensure the best possible gameday experience, fans should download their tickets prior to arrival and must enter through the assigned gate shown on their mobile ticket."

If you buy mobile tickets through secondary ticket websites, you will receive an email with instructions to create a Cotton Bowl account. You can also then download tickets from your account, or transfer part of them to others in your group.
One can find more details about the App, developed by Ticket master, on the Cotton Bowl website COTTONBOWL.COM

First, about the tickets sent to each participant university:

Each university will set aside tickets for its own needs for university leaders, athletics department staff, football coaches' and players' families,etc, and some likely for students. The remainder will be distributed through the priority points system.

OU posted this information below on Dec.20 on the Athletics website:

"
OU season ticket holders will be notified via email regarding the number of tickets they have qualified to receive. All tickets will be allocated in pods and orders must be made in multiples of two. Bowl tickets will be allocated by Championship Points within 2020 Sooner Club membership levels. Orders may be allocated into various seat blocks."

So, for example, if one orders six tickets, one could receive a four and a two.
There is no way to know in advance if the six tickets would be near each other.

The game is on Dec 30, so everyone does not have much time. Who knows how long it will take OU to notify persons of the locations? Who knows how long it will take OU to send the links for the mobile tickets? The University certainly cannot assure that one will receive the group sizes, or locations desired.

Having been to AT&T stadium many times, I've checked out all the seating locations & views, and I'll give you my insights and opinions about the views later below.

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER: What some fans for past Cotton Bowls have done is to secure tickets elsewhere AND order from their university. They made arrangements with others in advance to buy their extra tickets, if they get extras. That way they could be assured of getting tickets in the group sizes and total amounts they need.

As the higher ranked team in the CFP rankings, OU will be the "Home" side designated team. You can see "Home" and "Visitor" marked on seating maps on ticket sales websites. One will need to check with OU to find out exact sections sent by the Cotton Bowl.

OU
may announce these sections early in the process. Each university receives a reduced allotment of tickets in all four levels on its side.

There are "pods" of different size groups. There are blocked seats next to each pod in a row, in front, and behind each pod for social distancing and fan safety.

Ticket prices (face value):

Level four sections $150
(indicated with a 400s number)
Better yardline views are midfield in Sections 411-414 on the "Home" side of the field & 441-444 on "Visitor" side. Very good views here.
CORNERS ARE NOSEBLEEDS, DON'T WASTE YOUR $$$

Loge
: $250

Loge tickets are the first six rows of level four between the goal line and 50 yard line.

The much better views are in Sections 411 - 414 on the "Home" side, and 441-444 on the "Visitor" side. These seats are much closer to the field & at midfield in a separate section than the other 4th level seats. That is why the Cotton Bowl values these seats at $250. Each university gets an allotment of the "Loge" seating, beginning at the 50 yard line and going to the goal line. These are not as many.

There are some Loge seats on the internet, but they are fewer and are well sought by knowledgeable fans. There is a small, separate box to click for Loge in different sections on the StubHub interactive map, easy to miss unless you look for it

Levels 1-3 reserved tickets: $250

All level 1-3 tickets...that are non-Club seats. (The Club seating Sections are marked on the seating map as "C" before the section number, such "C 110" or " C235")

The corner of the field seats, levels 1-3, from here, one begins to get an angle view of the whole field. The higher the row, the better the perspective. Bring binoculars here...suggestion., hint.

All the sections in level 1 have the first four rows blocked for social distancing safety reasons(including level 1 Club seats)
. That means the actual first row of ticketed seats is Row 5 in each section of level 1. Nobody in front of you.

Club Seating $325

Club Seats are from the 50 yard line to near the goal line. The Club seating Sections are marked on the seating map as "C" before the section number, such as "C 110" or " C135") Cushioned seats with chair backs. Exclusive access to Club areas on each level. Club Seat Holders have access to the Clubs they are ticketed for & all general areas of the stadium. Clubs remain open for approximately one (1) hour following the end of the event. They offer full-service bars, special concession stands &merchandise shops. Contact stadium to see if the Clubs stay open after the game as for Cowboys games.

Each university gets Club Seats just in level 1 & 3 approximately between the 50 yard line and near the goal line.

Level 2 Club seating has its premium seating at midfield between Sections C233- C237 and Sections C208-C212. Level 2 Club premium seating has very good views, but are higher from the field than level 1. Some are found on ticket websites.

The very best premium seats are midfield, first level. C109-C112 on the "Home" side of the field, & C134- C137 on "Visitors" side. Elevated from field by 20 feet on Row 1. Tickets begin on Row 5.The players on the team bench in front of you will not be blocking views of the game, while you get a great view of the game, & of the players & sideline action during game. The aisle between sections C110 &C111 is on the 50 yard line, likewise between Sections C135 & C136.

I will write another thread with tips to help you Search for tickets on secondary ticket market websites & help you be aware of & how to find very many repeated tickets for the same exact seats posted simultaneously on multiple websites, but at different prices. Uninformed fans can be misled into thinking that there are thousands of tickets for sale, which there are not.

Use the seating information from this current thread to help in your ticket search.

Good luck. Share this info with your friends soon. Better Sooner than later!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News