ADVERTISEMENT

My University Has A Problem...

Soonlobo

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Somewhere in the Oklahoma Boonies
There are some fundamental problems occurring within the administration of the OU Recruiting Office that need to be corrected.

I know this is not just my family issue, there has to be others from all the events from the last few years.

My son is finishing his junior year in high school. He has a 3.75 GPA, has taken Honors classes all three years, has participated in a varsity sport for three years, qualified for state finals in speech two years, won numerous awards in theater, and is a member of the school spirit club. He scored a 1280 combined critical reading/math SAT score that was sent to OU, Alabama, Texas State, and Texas A&M. All four schools contacted him, but from that point OU dropped the ball.

He has spoken on the phone with three different OU Recruiting employees and all three have been condescending and rude to him. If these three employees mirror the remaining staff in Recruitment at OU then it's easy to see why the University has had issues the last few years.

He told one recruiter that he has always been in love with OU since I've been taking him to campus since he was 8 years old and the person immediately became rude. What a way to treat legacies to the school!

The other three schools have gone out of their way to encourage my son to apply to their school, Texas A&M and Alabama have been very good recruiters.

It's a shame that OU has probably lost a good student (and my $$) by projecting aloofness, superiority, and downright rude behavior to a potential life-long contributor to the university.

There is something rotten in Norman...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News