ADVERTISEMENT

My Tennessee VOLs buddy is in town and is talking smack

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
He said UT's stadium will be rocking when OU comes to Knoxville. He has always been guarded when it comes to OU - Tennessee, but he was full of vinegar today. Pretty cocky! We are having dinner tonight at the Polo Grille and I'm sure a bet will be made during cocktails. He's a great guy and one good client. Flew into Tulsa from Johnson City to celebrate my retirement....so I'm taking OU straight up for a C-note. He can't refuse. He said the early line prediction in Tennessee is the Vols -2. He said UT's defensive line will put a lot of pressure on our untested QB and young OL. He is high on the Vols QB and said their defense is going to be really,really good. He thinks OU's new offense is playing into the Vols strength. Boy, he hasn't been this obnoxious for many years. I love it. Boomer Sooner!

I hope he dresses for the occasion at the Polo Grill. Here's the photo I saw of him...............

picdump-09.jpg

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Well Bamer, I certainly hope you win the bet. However, be prudent with the billboard quotes, lest he gets the chance to skewer you with them.

Don't know about his smack talk.

But that sig pic is definitely strong Fitty.
Not meddling as much as just looking out for your best interest. :)

Ah, just join in 38. Smack talk is fun. That's what rivals was built on............Nobody takes it serious............Well maybe fitty does, then he calls you a slut...........lol

I would definitely take OU and give the 2 points. Yeah, he's excited about the Vols D against our untested offense, but the same could be said for OU. Our D against their O should favor the Sooners. Even in Knoxville. And by the way, OU will already have one game under their belt (vs. Akron) when they travel to Knoxville. It will be UT's season opener.

I would definitely take OU and give the 2 points. Yeah, he's excited about the Vols D against our untested offense, but the same could be said for OU. Our D against their O should favor the Sooners. Even in Knoxville. And by the way, OU will already have one game under their belt (vs. Akron) when they travel to Knoxville. It will be UT's season opener.
The Vols host Bowling Green the week before us.

Well Bamer, I certainly hope you win the bet. However, be prudent with the billboard quotes, lest he gets the chance to skewer you with them.

Not meddling as much as just looking out for your best interest. :)

fitty, I don't think there was too much smack in my post except for the reference to offering him a $100 bet....(edited) .but after a making a silly bet, today we both agreed to a more reasonable and fun bet. The loser will buy and wear the other's team jersey for two straight days within 10 days after the game. The winner picks out the jersey for the loser to buy and wear. Photos must be taken with the loser wearing the opponent's jersey in a public, crowded place. Some other Vols fan may take exception to me quoting him, but my friend won't regardless of the game's outcome. He is an avid Tennessee fan, but a good guy and fun to talk college football with during the season. I'm tried to get him to join in on the Rivals site, but he just isn't into message boards. He is a donor and supposedly is getting all his info from someone inside the program. But what really do any of us fans know about our teams at this point in the year. It's all in fun anyway.

Last edited:

Schoonerman, I hope you are right. UT opens the week before with Bowling Green in Nashville. But OU will be their first home game of the year and their fans are a crazy bunch in Knoxville at night especially early in the season and when they are optimistic. If the Sooners win, they will have to play well. I don't want to have to send a package to Johnson City, TN. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT