ADVERTISEMENT

my pitch against USC/what do you think

Sep 15, 2017
So my boss went to UCF and he is all kinds of pumped about UCF getting into a big time conference and really I can't blame him. It's a big deal for UCF and that is understandable. However, he knows next to nothing about OU except for what I tell him. So we were having lunch and he was like "so I understand why a kid would go to OU vs UCF but other than NIL there is no reason for a kid to go to OU over USC right? I mean you've got the beach, great weather etc??".
So I was like, well, I can answer that question for you lol.
First, the OU fan base is loyal and intense. We always fill that stadium and we really care what happens in the program and the kids in the program. Second, Norman is a real college town, which some might find as a negative but, as a parent, do you REALLY want an 18 year old kid whose parents are 1000 miles away running around LA with a couple hundred grand of NIL cash burning a hole through his pocket? Also, OU's campus is fun, everything is in walking distance and it's safe versus USC which is in a dangerous and crime ridden section of LA. Third, the beach is there in the sense that California has beaches but it's at least two hours away from you. Fourth, in LA you are just another face in the crowd. In Oklahoma football is everything, you are a rockstar the second you step on campus, in LA USC Football is just another thing to do on a Saturday.

Ok that's my 5 minute pitch. How did I do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News