ADVERTISEMENT

My .02...

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
Not really notes, per se, just thinking out loud.

Let's start with the 2022 and 2023 classes.

Gavin Sawchuk - seems solid
Raleek Brown - flipped to USC
Nicholas Anderson - seems solid
Kaden Helms - solid
Jason Llewelyn - waiting it out
Jake Taylor - solid
Jacob Sexton - solid
Pancake Hunter - decommitted
Derrick Moore - decommitted
Cedric Roberts - seems solid
Gabe Dindy - solid? Man, you hope
Kip Lewis - ????
Kobie McKinzie - decommitted (Texas coming?)
Gentry Williams - solid?
Robert Spears-Jennings - solid
Xavion Brice - solid (but TCU and Tech are coming)
Jayden Rowe - solid

Malachi Nelson - flipped to USC
Treyaun Webb - decommitted
Makai Lemon - decommitted
Brandon Inniss - decommitted
Deandre Moore - solid
Luke Hasz - solid
Joshua Bates - ??? (visiting Colorado today)

So my Friday afternoon question is this... is the worst over? OU has lost the guys you fully expected, but have the Sooners weathered the storm with the rest of the fellas?

You can worry about 2023 later, but if OU can maintain the 13 for 2022 and maybe add a few more pieces, you'll live with that. It's rough not knowing anything about Lewis and McKinzie because you don't know much about Brian Odom. But keep someone like Gabe Dindy and add Jovantae Barnes and DeSean Brown, hmm, OK.

Through some of my wife's connections, actually have a pretty good gauge of what's up with Odom, Bedenbaugh and Grinch, or at least what their sons are thinking. Those boys are devastated, loved being in Norman. Maybe they'll get over it, but they're crushed right now, especially Grinch's son.

We've sorta mentioned that throughout the course of this week, but you don't think about the family aspect that much when something happens like Sunday afternoon. Odom and Bedenbaugh would love to stay in Norman, but you just never know.

FFkQba-VQAIeEBv

Williams the savior?

That was some scene Wednesday at the OU-Florida basketball game. I'm still not 100 percent convinced Caleb Williams is staying, but man if he does? A legend forever.

Showed him on the big screen once, and then during another timeout, he tossed the T-Shirts into the stands. He was already so loved, but now you're going to have a lot of people believing Williams was trying to progress as his head coach was looking for the door.

He was joined by linebackers Danny Stutsman and Brian Asamoah. And I know I saw Jadon Haselwood walking around, too. Stutsman even put on a cape for a bit and was running around with the OU flag.

If Williams stays... whew, if he stays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News