ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Post Practice tidbits ...

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011
Pretty light day in terms of interviews following practice but rehash we will ... starting ... now.

* Bedebaugh said it was good to get back into game mode. Iowa State does a good job scheme wise.

* Bedebaugh was asked about Amani Bledsoe and what he'll bring to the Sooners defensive line ... 'he gives you some problems. 'He gives you some problems with power, athleticism and the length'.

---- SCOOPHD: Bill Bedenbaugh Post Practice ----

* Bedenbaugh reports that Cody Ford has told him he feels fine. Today was more of a walk through though and he'll really get a good idea of where Ford stands through the next couple of days. Should be ready to go for Saturday. Staying with the guard position Bedenbauce says Ben Powers continues to get back to 100 percent. Said they used him mostly on scout team last week during the bye giving his ankle much needed rest.

"I think he's closer. He's not 100 percent but I think he is closer. We didn't rep him as much last week. Did more in the scout team stuff. Didn't do as much in drills so just trying to give him as much time off. It's just one of those things as an offensive lineman you're carrying a lot of weight and pushing off of it. It's going to take some time but I think everyday he gets closer. He's not 100 percent but he's getting closer," said Bedenbaugh on Powers.

* If you paid attention to the media luncheon this afternoon you'll remember Lincoln Riley noted Bobby Evans as a guy that is having a really good season to date. Bedenbaugh called it the natural progression of a very talented player. In short, he's pleased with where his right tackle is and the way he's performing.

* Bedenbaugh says he thought a lot of the Baylor performance was a product of becoming complacent after going up on the Bears early. That's certainly a key talking point this week from the coaches as well as the players.

"They were playing harder than us. That's just the reality of the situation," said Bedenbaugh. "That's what happened in that game and all of the sudden they're back and they're winning. Now all of the sudden we want to play again. That's not the mentality that we need to have"

* Bedenbaugh admitted all three holding calls were the right call vs. Baylor.

* As for the players we spoke with Jeff Badet, Trey Sermon and Abdul Adams.

* A lot of talk with Abdul Adams on growing up around Parnell Motley and their road winding back to Oklahoma together. The pair grew up in DC together -- even playing middle school ball together-- and are currently roommates in Norman.

* Trey Sermon talked on a lot of what he talked about a week ago. Accepting the 'closer' role (something that I think perhaps has been talked about too much -- it's just the way the Baylor game went). I think you'll see Sermon and Adams splitting first half reps this week. Riley hinted at that this afternoon at the media luncheon.

* Sermon's favorite running backs to watch? Adrian Peterson and Leveon Bell.

* Abdul Adams first taste of playing time came against Iowa State a season ago. Adams says he's a better basketball player than roommate Parnell Motley. (lockerroom drama!, kidding).

* Jeff Badet said he watches film of how teams will defend kick returns. Said it's something he'll mostly do on his own. Also confirmed what Dimitri Flowers told us this morning in that this team has a lot of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. That's HUUUUGE.

I'll throw up some video here shortly. If you have any questions, feel free to post. If you can't tell it was pretty bland day inside the Red Room on the campus of the University of Oklahoma.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News