ADVERTISEMENT

Monday post-Heisman finalist notes (12/3)

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
- SCOOPHD: Kyler Murray
- Kenneth Murray
- Austin Seibert
- Cody Ford

Still transcribing, but here's some Cody Ford nuggets.

DtgsoodUUAE-Pf0.jpg

Cody Ford

Did you sweat this stuff much Saturday night/Sunday morning?

I mean, I was pretty nervous. I was driving back from lunch with some of the O-line guys and we were watching it on the way home and we were actually pulled over to make sure we saw the results. Once we found out, we were pretty ecstatic though. Enjoyed the rest of the ride home.

Thoughts on playing Alabama?

Great challenge going up against a great team. They have tremendous players. I think it's a great opportunity for us, definitely, to go out there, prove what we've been working for and to let everyone know that we have been working for something, that on the big stage, we can play.

Do you remember watching the 2014 Sugar Bowl?

Yea, I do. That was right when I started getting recruited by OU. I think that was pretty much the turn for OU, letting everyone know that they're not being pushed around anymore.

He's got this one year and he's exploded?

I've never seen anyone like him. He does things out of the ordinary. He's real humble about himself, too. He doesn't tend to get too confident or get too cocky. He knows what he's doing.

Challenge blocking for a guy who moves around like that?

I mean, it's a challenge but it's also a blessing because you know ... I mean, you're never looking to get in bad positions but if you're in a bad position, you know he'll bail you out. It does kinda come with a challenge but it comes with a blessing as far as some D-ends can't make the inside move, so it helps us a lot.

Kenneth Murray

On difference between the first and second Texas games?

When we lost that game the first time, they were able to make checks at the line of scrimmage and we couldn’t react in time. Putting that in so we automatically knew what we were going to was something that was big.

Bama?

Love their offense. In past years, they really haven’t been a spread offense. This year, they have. They have a really good receiving corps. They have great running backs. Obviously, Tua is throwing the ball real well. I have a lot of respect for him.

When did he know Tre Brown would get him on the blitz?

I knew he was gonna get home. It was a matter of how well he could disguise it. When coach callas a blitz I’m always confident guys are gonna get home. When you see the formation and it’s two backs with a fullback in the backfield. They were in max pro(tection) to their left, our right. The blitz was coming the weak side. Nobody saw it come and it hit home.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News