ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
First off guys, sorry about the delay, was kind of waiting for more concrete stuff to come in but should have gotten something up last night - that's my bad and I appreciate the patience (not even being snarky, LEGITIMATELY mean I haven't gotten any hate posting, appreciate it).

At any rate let's start with Oklahoma Rivals250 defensive tackle offer Kayden McDonald of Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinett.

First a video he sent me from the locker room on Saturday night...

View attachment lViy6ImwQ7Xes3dE5K50Y80GSOwNIWOVSDHFSntyMaQ.mp4

Alright he and I are supposed to talk soon but my impression in our brief convo and from those of a few sources who were around him is that Oklahoma did all they could do.

A lot has been said about his relationship with Todd Bates but I also think he's developed a good rapport with the current team as well as the continuation of his bond with Derrick Leblanc, his fellow defensive tackle official visitor this weekend. And of course he and his family's connection with Jackson Arnold, Ted Roof, and several others are just an interesting angle for the Sooners to continue to push.

Everyone was hesitant to say 'too much' because I think everyone is leery of that Clemson visit next weekend and the perception that may have that the Tigers currently lead. Did the Sooners eat into that? Maybe, it's close but no one is ready to make any bold predictions at this point largely because there's a big hill to climb.

I can say that McDonald stayed in Norman for quite a while yesterday and seemed to soak up all he could.

**The next part is obviously the news of Ryan Yaites. I know that some had been pushing the Sooners chances there but the people around him had been saying for a while it was going to be LSU all along. Now I will acknowledge, with Yaites it's hard to ever be sure he is 'done with the process and committed to LSU' as he has said it multiple times before going back up to Norman in short order.

In the end I think this is just a situation where LSU exerted enough pressure that he just decided to be done with it.

Again, we'll see which way it goes for the future but LSU always had a leg up in this situation.

***I know there will be a lot of talk of Tausili Akana and I've heard that went well but beyond that, not a lot, I'm going to dig up some more today.

I do think the Sooners remain very real contenders as he's got a great relationship with the Oklahoma staff and all I ever hear is how much he thinks of Brent Venables.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News