ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Guys, heard some interesting facts that I wanted to pass along this morning.

*First, I'm told that Rivals250 defensive line offer Bobby 'Tre' Brown is still considering Oklahoma, and the Sooners will be in-home with him on Thursday with not only Calvin Thibodeaux but also Lincoln Riley. What was even more interesting is that I'm told that Brown plans to sign in the early period.

Like much of what I heard prior to his announcement there are wild variations in who is leading, all along I've heard he'll sign with A&M as long as Terry Price remains in his current defensive line position. However I've talked to some who think his choice will come down to Oklahoma or Alabama due to his lack of familiarity with all of the staff in College Station.

My guess? He signs with A&M but things do seem to remain interesting.

*A name to keep an eye on with Oklahoma could be Katy, Texas defensive tackle Moro Ojomo. He is young for his class, I'm told he is still just 16-years old and so far hasn't picked up a lot of notoriety - though Texas recently offered and TCU is on him hard. He is a unique defensive lineman who can play a different role from Oklahoma's other current commitments.

I'd expect Oklahoma to take a look at him very, very soon and if they like him then maybe you could see some shakeup.

*Also, someone asked me about the chances of current Arkansas commitment Noah Banks of Council Bluffs (Iowa) Iowa Western C.C. taking a visit this weekend. What I was told that it had not been entirely ruled out but the term 'unlikely' came up.

I'd expect if any offensive line visitors hit Norman it will be in January.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News