ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes... UPDATE 9:43p

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 9:43p - I think a new 2018 running back offer could be on the verge of happening. that player is Carthage, Texas standout Keaontay Ingram. Really a kid I like a lot on tape.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6243749/585c21ecdfd8b81a38647a49

UPDATE: 8:46p -
Oklahoma went ahead & brought the athletic department to the home of the No.2 player in the country -- Mr. Marvin Wilson.

116nku8.jpg

UPDATE: 7:36p -
Here's an interesting one ... Sooners have offered 2019 dual-threat QB Port Neches Groves (TX) Roschon Johnson.

2eq88qv.jpg

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5260538/583f4288bed7041928e8034b

UPDATE: 6:31p -
Oklahoma coaches stopping in to see Rivals100 WR commit Cedarian Lamb.

UPDATE: 5:11p -
Oklahoma has offered 2018 Marshall (Texas) OL Chasen Hines.

UPDATE: 4:48p -
Bob, Mike Stoops along with Calvin Thibodeaux made it by Houston Episcopal this afternoon as well ... Yes, this is Marvin Wilson's high school.

UPDATE: 4:20p -
It would appear a good amount of the coaching staff is around the Houston area today (as Josh noted below).

UPDATE: 1:31p -
Guys, obviously this is going to be a very busy week for Oklahoma as they are on the road trying to lock up the final deals as well as get serious about their upcoming junior day events.

Oklahoma will go in-home tonight with Marvin Wilson, it will be the Bob Stoops visit and he'll be joined, of course, by Calvin Thibodeaux but also Mike Stoops and potentially several others from what I was told by some.

Oklahoma will do all they can but it's my impression they know it's something of an uphill battle. But at this point the logic is very much - 'what's it going to hurt at this point?'

I'm told Oklahoma will also see Cedarian Lamb tonight while in Houston, which would lead me to believe that Dennis Simmons will likely be part of that Wilson in-home as well.

There are also plans to see Taquon Graham later in the week according to some folks around Temple. The word is that he will, absolutely, go through with his visit next weekend.

UPDATE: 1:09p -
Oklahoma has made a new 2018 offer, this one to Council Bluffs (Iowa) Iowa Western C.C. huge offensive tackle Anthony McKinney. The 6-foot-8, 300-pound tackle already holds an offer from Iowa State and looks to pick up soon.

ORIGINAL:
Again, just going to keep things going a little early as these notes will need to be seen as their own rather than being lost that is the chaos of Sunday Notes.

Alright, so there is a LOAD of stuff going around and I can say that, as I said before, it's all kind of up in the air right now because it's, as it often has been the past few weeks, it's about who you want to believe in regard to Jacob Phillips.

A few of the things I've heard...

1) He liked the visit to Baton Rouge more than he had expected.

2) He has stayed in plenty of contact with Oklahoma's commits the past few days.

3) He hasn't stayed in as much contact with the coaches in that same time frame.

4) That may not being as telling as it seems as he has gone radio silent on most everyone.

5) It seems that in the next 48 hours we'll all know where things are going.

There was talk earlier in the day that Phillips was going to return home, call Oklahoma and tell them he was flipping to LSU. Obviously that didn't play out and that's a good sign because it's the same rumor that was going around prior to Oklahoma's big in-home with him last Monday night.

My feeling is that Phillips has an idea of what he'll do but hasn't finalized it and is going to sit down and think things over and may have a decision tomorrow, or Tuesday - I don't get the impression this is something that is going to run out until National Signing Day.

It is worth noting that if it does run out a bit longer that's a good thing for Oklahoma as they are planning to go back in home on Friday and obviously would hope to stem any momentum that LSU is currently riding.

Now, the LSU side of things? They are extremely confident but as we've referenced again and again, they've been so for weeks with little to show for it to date.

So you all wanted some more, there is some more and I'm sure more will surface tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News