ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 4:05p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 4:05p - Wanted to add to @Eddie_Rado's thoughts from earlier today on Austin Stogner.

I've heard from a few places that he is very likely to return to Oklahoma and perhaps pretty soon.

UPDATE: 3:34p - OK, have had a few conversations today and I am told that Oklahoma has done some checking around on Myles Slusher, the former Broken Arrow standout who has been at Arkansas the past three seasons.

During his time in Fayetteville he has played in 23 games and the Sooners were interested in both his experience and game.

However, I'm told that at this point the Sooners are still sorting out where he'll fall in their hierarchy.

I'm not sure something won't come of this but it feels like right now it may be a bit of a wait and see approach.

UPDATE: 2:36p - Alright guys have had a few conversations in the past few hours that make me think Oklahoma is ahead for the McCullough brothers - 2023 safety Daeh and Indiana linebacker transfer Dasan.

I know I had mentioned Dasan and Notre Dame due to their father, Deland, being on staff for the Irish but I've heard from sources both around Norman as well as some in coaching circles that his grades may not fit into the Irish's VERY narrow transfer window.

I feel like Ohio State is going to be the primary competition in the pursuit of Dasan though I've also been told that Oklahoma's NiL work is already well underway and the Sooners have had a strong plan going into this for a while.

I won't be shocked at all if both are on campus in Norman this weekend but obviously we'll keep checking and get a verdict on that.

ORIGINAL: OK guys, a few things to go over here for a bit...

*I spoke a bit with David Hicks Sr. about the in-home visit Todd Bates made on Saturday and Hicks Sr. put it about as accurately as anyone I've talked to in regard to spending some time with Bates...

"(It) went well coach Bates always makes an impression," he laughed.

In speaking to some others it sounds like there continues to be cause for optimism, and the Sooners got a slight shot in the arm with the news of A&M analyst Nick Williams heading to Boulder, Colo. to help out Deion Sanders and the Buffs.

"He's been very active in Hicks's recruitment and is a guy they've got a lot of comfort with," said one source.

I get that no one is going to buy into anything on him right now but let's just keep monitoring it for the next few weeks as things figure to get more and more interesting.

**A few travel notes, I'm told Brent Venables will join Bates in seeing Ashton Sanders on Tuesday, Dec. 6 after he makes the rounds in Seattle seeing Jasiah Wagoner and Heath Ozaeta.

My assumption is that he'll continue making the rounds on the West coast and perhaps see Tausili Akana this week.

What makes that interesting?

There's been some buzz that the Sooners have made a big run at Akana over the past few weeks and for Venables to use his lone in-home this week? Would seem to indicate some confidence in their standing - you'll notice he's ONLY visiting commitments at the moment.

Again, I need to confirm he's going in-home with Akana this week but that's my understanding and if it's correct, it may say quite a bit.

***Peyton Bowen at this point, we all just wait. He'd mentioned making a decision before Friday but obviously that came and went and both Notre Dame and Oklahoma have completed their first round of in-home visits.

My belief remains that for Bowen, the Sooners clearly lead. I still am hung up on the Sooners convincing his mother that they'll be a quality option for her son. I think that happens but it's a reasonable hangup considering the faith she has in Marcus Freeman and co. at Notre Dame.

I really don't see A&M nor Oregon as very realistic at this point and anything outside of sticking with his commitment to the Irish or joining Jackson Arnold (as well as Bowen's girlfriend) in Norman feels like a longshot. What's odd is that with Bowen "it feels like he could pop at any point" and as another source told Scoop last week "there's some of it that feels like if he gets the go ahead from his mom, this all wraps up pretty quickly."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News