ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 2:57p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 2:57p - I have talked to a few people about the visit of Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus Rivals100 linebacker Marcel Brooks.

And though no one knows what will happen but there is a growing feeling that this weekend's official visit was more than just lip service.

Brooks has given people an indication that this could happen but, again, no one is ready to go all in on that possibility.

Starting to think we may have to be there to cover it...

ORIGINAL:
* ;)

Yeah, that's right, another one.

And no, I'm not telling you who it is but more news cometh.

**Secondly, I've spoken to some sources who can confirm the gossip that Oklahoma seemed to have actually gotten a boost from this weekend's visit to College Station of Katy (Texas) Seven Lakes 4-star EDGE rusher David Ugwoegbu.

In fact the word is that there are whispers that Oklahoma, even following that trip has taken the lead and he is now dead set on not signing in the early period.

I know some thought he might change his mind but to me if he signed early it was only going to be with Texas A&M so this is good news for Oklahoma and allows them to figure out their defensive situation.

***Third, I'm told things went very well with Oklahoma and Rhamondre Stevenson the junior college running back from Cerritos (Calif.) Cerritos C.C. To the point that he is even throwing around the idea of signing early - something that wasn't really on his mind previously. We'll see as it isn't a certainty that he will and that could open the door for some new comers but Oklahoma really hit the right notes with him and we are set to talk soon.

****I'm hearing some good buzz on Jeremiah Criddell following his visit to Oregon this weekend, again, something of a turn that is surprising but something not totally unforeseeable. Our guy @Adam Gorney is going to hit you with the goods on that tomorrow. Just wanted you all to know news was coming and that it seemed, somewhat surprisingly, positive for Oklahoma.

*****I know some of you have been asking about news from Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas Rivals250 safety Jordan Battle and rumors that Oklahoma had come in and stopped his announcement. Not surprisingly, it doesn't add up based on what I've been told.

First off, the ONLY people I've heard that think OU is currently a real threat in this thing are those who have a cheering interest, I'm not trying to be harsh, I just don't know any other way to put it.

When I talk to Bama reporters I trust? Oklahoma doesn't come up. When I speak to Ohio State it's 'yeah, I hear OU is still talking to him' but that's about it.

So what I've been told is that Wednesday night Battle called and committed to Alabama and called and told Ohio State he was flipping.

Ohio State said they weren't having it and were making their scheduled in-home visit the next night.

They did so, went to a basketball game where his father is the head coach at American Heritage, and did the visit. But I'm told there was no great feeling that things had changed.

So on Friday...why didn't he go ahead and publicly commit?

No one seems to know. Alabama is waiting for the call, Ohio State thinks it's coming, and Oklahoma seems resigned but perhaps hopeful a miracle could happen. But let's be clear, that's what it would be at this point.

Finally guys want to apologize for being hit and miss today (and it'll be in and out tomorrow as well) with Christmas coming, all the travel I do afterward (Will be at BOTH All-American practice weeks this year) it's tough for me to see my family any time other than THIS weekend so it leaves me juggling a lot and I never handle it as well as I'd like.

Again, my apologies and I guess just a request for a bit of understanding as we're on top of the key stuff but obviously weren't as functional as usual.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News