ADVERTISEMENT

MCWS Game Thread -- (Sooners headed to MCWS Championship Series)

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011

Couple items before we get started today:

* Do we realize how good Oklahoma pitching has been in the NCAA Tournament? I did. But I also didn't. If that makes sense.

Since the start of the Big 12 Championship on May 24, Oklahoma has allowed four or fewer runs in nine of its 11 games and compiled a 3.55 team ERA. That's a good recipe for success when you're swinging the bats as well as this Sooners team.

"Skip does a really good job with the pitchers, teaching the same stuff, really, taking it one pitch at a time," said Tanner Tredaway. "We've got a lot of level-headed guys, guys that don't get too low or too high. Not too high on emotion, which I think is good. I think that's good. Keeps you locked in and stay in the moment."

Feels like it's going to be imperative that Jake Bennett finds the zone early in counts. Everyone knows A&M will sit up there and be patient taking a lot of pitches. If Bennett can get ahead of batters early in counts I think that'll be a good sign. Thought this was a great point brought up on the D1 preview podcast.

* Texas A&M and Ole Miss are the only teams to go undefeated (5-0) in the postseason. The Aggies' five-game win streak is the longest on the season for a squad that is 26-7 since April 5.

* Peyton Graham named second team All-American by the American Baseball Coaches Association on Friday morning

I'm heading over to the ballpark in about 30 minutes and will pick this up there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News