ADVERTISEMENT

"Lincoln Riley to Dallas Cowboys",

Tollboothmgr

OU scholarship offer
Sep 3, 2017
says DFW radio station 105.3 The Fan, "if team owner Jerry Jones has his way". That possibility is what i heard on our sports radio in OKC today. Of course, that's pending what appears to be another mediocre Dallas season resulting in Coach Garrett being let go. So, I'd say that would be the one and only job (NFL or otherwise) Riley would leave OU for. Wouldn't he HAVE to say yes?

Riley would be an idiot to go to the NFL. You have owners and GMs in the NFL who make all the big decisions and do make the personnel and coaching decisions. At OU, Riley is responsible to his AD and President of OU, but in the end Riley is has the authority to hire and fire whom ever he wants and recruit his own players.

Riley makes his own decisions at OU. At Cleveland or Dallas, it would be the Owner and GM who make the big decisions.

I think the chance of Riley heading to the NFL at any time in the next 15 to 18 years is going to happen.

Riley would be an idiot to go to the NFL. You have owners and GMs in the NFL who make all the big decisions and do make the personnel and coaching decisions. At OU, Riley is responsible to his AD and President of OU, but in the end Riley is has the authority to hire and fire whom ever he wants and recruit his own players.

Riley makes his own decisions at OU. At Cleveland or Dallas, it would be the Owner and GM who make the big decisions.

I think the chance of Riley heading to the NFL at any time in the next 15 to 18 years is going to happen.

You are exactly right, Roy. I’ve never understood why a successful head coach at an elite program would “give up” so much to coach in the NFL unless it’s for the money. Pretty shallow in my opinion.

Last edited:
NFL Coaching is lightning in the bottle. Do well a few years then your coaching style is played out. Riley is better challenged at OU where he has been given the crown. He is a great coach, but is still learning. Only a year and a half later, and he has the Sooners settling into another CFB slot (if several things happen).

Reactions: iasooner1
NFL Coaching is lightning in the bottle. Do well a few years then your coaching style is played out. Riley is better challenged at OU where he has been given the crown. He is a great coach, but is still learning. Only a year and a half later, and he has the Sooners settling into another CFB slot (if several things happen).

I don't think Lincoln Riley would go to Dallas and be forced to be a busboy for Jerry Jones.

If Lincoln had to choose between having to work with Mike Stoops or with Jerry Jones ..... PICK MIKE STOOPS.

Let him go!

He's a great Offensive Coordinator but a Horrible Head Coach. Letting CeDe Lamb stay in the game after getting not 1 but 2 PF. Shows he's not ready to make hard decisions. The kid should've rode the bench the rest of the game

I still don't understand what CeeDee did to earn those penalties last night. When he got tackled you could tell the Tech player was talking some serious crap and was in his face. CeeDee pushed him away and then when CeeDee got the unsportsmanlike he was walking back to the huddle. I thought the officials did a horrible job last night of stepping in and stopping some of the crap that was going on early in the game. As the game progressed the officials had lost control of all the extra curricular crap that was going on.

Cowboys last won the Super Bowl in 95 with Switzer. Since then, they are 3-9 in playoffs, never winning a second game. Since Switzer left, they are 2-8. They define the mediocrity of the NFL. Jones spent at first. Then, he installed the salary cap which meant that he didn't have to spend again. His teams don't have the organizational stability to win with a salary cap. Some teams do, NE, e.g.

I still don't understand what CeeDee did to earn those penalties last night. When he got tackled you could tell the Tech player was talking some serious crap and was in his face. CeeDee pushed him away and then when CeeDee got the unsportsmanlike he was walking back to the huddle. I thought the officials did a horrible job last night of stepping in and stopping some of the crap that was going on early in the game. As the game progressed the officials had lost control of all the extra curricular crap that was going on.

It was crap. The only thing I could venture to guess is that he used some language that "offended" the ref. There are guys out there that think they're going to be the next great equal rights champion by throwing a flag on a kid that uses the N word. Or maybe he said something about murder.

At any rate, no matter what CeeDee said, he was walking off, and IMO there isn't a damn thing he could say that should have warranted a flag.

That ref WANTED to flag him, and all he had to do was stick around for a minute and find a reason. He did. I applaud him for his tenacity.

Cowboys last won the Super Bowl in 95 with Switzer. Since then, they are 3-9 in playoffs, never winning a second game. Since Switzer left, they are 2-8. They define the mediocrity of the NFL. Jones spent at first. Then, he installed the salary cap which meant that he didn't have to spend again. His teams don't have the organizational stability to win with a salary cap. Some teams do, NE, e.g.

So true........And I love it. The only time I’ve ever rooted for Dallas was during Switzer’s year, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Glad he got out of there so quickly.

Reactions: CTOkie
It was crap. The only thing I could venture to guess is that he used some language that "offended" the ref. There are guys out there that think they're going to be the next great equal rights champion by throwing a flag on a kid that uses the N word. Or maybe he said something about murder.

At any rate, no matter what CeeDee said, he was walking off, and IMO there isn't a damn thing he could say that should have warranted a flag.

That ref WANTED to flag him, and all he had to do was stick around for a minute and find a reason. He did. I applaud him for his tenacity.

I dont know what words were exchanged or what the reasoning was for tacking on the scond penalty but in close games and knowing that every point is needed you simply get up and walk away. This team continues to show a lack of discipline in those situations and Riley need to address it in my opinion. I understand where your coming from but I respectively disagree and think Riley should have benched him. Maybe if I knew or we all knew what was said it would maybe change my mind about it.

Now as for the refs, it was certainly one sided and some very questionable calls but its not like OU hasnt seen that before in Lubbock. The DPI in the endzone was just bad and even the announcers thought so. Not to mention the lack of DPI that should have been called on Tech.

OU survived but I will go back and rewatch it but the unsportmanlike and personal fouls have got to stop and it will only end with Riley sending a message to his players. So far he hasnt been very good about doing that.

Let him go!

He's a great Offensive Coordinator but a Horrible Head Coach. Letting CeDe Lamb stay in the game after getting not 1 but 2 PF. Shows he's not ready to make hard decisions. The kid should've rode the bench the rest of the game
Why don’t you go. He is a horrible head coach?? Really. Perhaps he realized the complete and utter bullshitedness of the second call. Should WVU’s coach have benched Sills their star receiver after the downward horns sign in the Texas game. You really want him go???

I was in Lubbock for the game. CeeDee got exactly what he deserved. When he got up after making the catch he stomped on the guy right in front of the red. Then, when the TT player got up and reacted CeeDee retaliated. It was stupid. On the Cody Ford penalty, after he blocked the play and was running down the field the guy he blocked was running beside him and he spit in Ford's face.

Funny we always excused Orlando for that stuff, because we needed him to be "mean." Ford, however, needs his birthday taken from him.

Why don’t you go. He is a horrible head coach?? Really. Perhaps he realized the complete and utter bullshitedness of the second call. Should WVU’s coach have benched Sills their star receiver after the downward horns sign in the Texas game. You really want him go???

says DFW radio station 105.3 The Fan, "if team owner Jerry Jones has his way". That possibility is what i heard on our sports radio in OKC today. Of course, that's pending what appears to be another mediocre Dallas season resulting in Coach Garrett being let go. So, I'd say that would be the one and only job (NFL or otherwise) Riley would leave OU for. Wouldn't he HAVE to say yes?

Good troll.

I dont know what words were exchanged or what the reasoning was for tacking on the scond penalty but in close games and knowing that every point is needed you simply get up and walk away. This team continues to show a lack of discipline in those situations and Riley need to address it in my opinion. I understand where your coming from but I respectively disagree and think Riley should have benched him. Maybe if I knew or we all knew what was said it would maybe change my mind about it.

Now as for the refs, it was certainly one sided and some very questionable calls but its not like OU hasnt seen that before in Lubbock. The DPI in the endzone was just bad and even the announcers thought so. Not to mention the lack of DPI that should have been called on Tech.

OU survived but I will go back and rewatch it but the unsportmanlike and personal fouls have got to stop and it will only end with Riley sending a message to his players. So far he hasnt been very good about doing that.

BINGO!

We get crap refs out in Lubbock EVERY TRIP! You would think they had west Texas addresses.

When are people gonna realize the best paying / long term jobs are in college - not Pro.

See Harbaugh, Saban, Chip, Spurrier for proof.

Bob knew it too and LR knows this.

Good troll.
how does that question provoke a "troll" response? it's a legitimate concern of mine and many ou faithful. not worried at all about the browns job. cowboys much more likely to draw the interest of an up and coming young coach like LR. by the way, shared class with danny bradley and dave schultz and gave troy a hand when he was stumbling drunk at a party so dont give me that troll bs

People will slowly figure out that Lincoln plans to call Norman home for years to come, just like Bob did. A young guy with a young family would be a fool to view OU as a stepping stone. Lincoln is definitely not a fool.

OU set Bob up for life. Lincoln knows that the same will be true for him by staying focused and producing success. If you do the math, Bob's retirement shouldn't have shocked anyone. When you find the next One, you pass the torch. Head coach longevity has been a mainstay of modern OU football with the worst consecutive decade of OU football as the lone exception. We all remember that decade all too well. The fire will not be extinguished again.

People will slowly figure out that Lincoln plans to call Norman home for years to come, just like Bob did. A young guy with a young family would be a fool to view OU as a stepping stone. Lincoln is definitely not a fool.
When you find the next One, you pass the torch. Head coach longevity has been a mainstay of modern OU football with the worst consecutive decade of OU football as the lone exception. We all remember that decade all too well. The fire will not be extinguished again.
Wow, Medic...Just WOW! ;)

how does that question provoke a "troll" response? it's a legitimate concern of mine and many ou faithful. not worried at all about the browns job. cowboys much more likely to draw the interest of an up and coming young coach like LR. by the way, shared class with danny bradley and dave schultz and gave troy a hand when he was stumbling drunk at a party so dont give me that troll bs

Name dropping troll.

If true then who do you go after to HC for yOU?

Best bet!
Urban Meyer, he seems a little affected by the crap with his assistant, he knows and has talked to most of our recruits. He would most likely win a NC in his 1st three years at OU. He would fill out the rest of the recruiting misses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT