ADVERTISEMENT

Leave it to Lebby

He is on the short bus of coaching. He has no dynamic…no ability to coach this team. Flashes of brilliance are sure to vaporize with this Neanderthal coaching. Gabriel has peaked when the Heisman buzz hit his ear holes…

Reactions: outed77
Might as well let Jackson Arnold take over. There is no chance at the Big12 title, already guaranteed a bowl game.

Limpy’s inability to understand down, distance and game situation is unreal…

Twice we had 3rd and 7 and the moron threw deep. The middle was wide open for an easy pickup.

Not sure how many games Venables will allow him to cost us before something is done…

BV make some decisions and flush the system. Quit hiding behind the notion that the fans making critical and factual criticism are off base. You sir need to be the boss and put the coaches feet to the fire. You know that Lebby is lacking any game control. Zero tolerance left for him. The SEC locomotive is down the tracks and we are standing there with our pants down to our ankles.

BV make some decisions and flush the system. Quit hiding behind the notion that the fans making critical and factual criticism are off base. You sir need to be the boss and put the coaches feet to the fire. You know that Lebby is lacking any game control. Zero tolerance left for him. The SEC locomotive is down the tracks and we are standing there with our pants down to our ankles.
Factual? Really?

OUr offensive players except Stoops and Walker really didn't perform. Anderson dropped a TD pass. Young players didn't catch much.

You complained about lack of ball control. Except for our walkon and one 64-yard TD run, our 4 star running backs ain't doing much. Much of it's injuries.

My biggest potential complaint is that for the second straight year, our team seems to be a tired team in the second half of the season. It's not just key injuries. If the next 3 games are substandard, BV needs to consider the amount of practice contact involved.

He's an HC, not a DC anymore.

My biggest potential complaint is that for the second straight year, our team seems to be a tired team in the second half of the season. It's not just key injuries.

It is hard to put a finger on it, that's for sure. I don't know what happened to this team during the bye week after beating Texas, but this team looks nothing like the team that was 7-0 at that time. They look more like the 2022 team now.

look at those teams we beat to go 7-0 they are a combined 34-29 right now. Arkis St(5-4), SMU (7-2), Tulsa (3-6),
Cin (2-7), Iowa St (5-4), Texas (8-1) UCF (4-5)

Reactions: iasooner2000
We tried that sideline pass to Stoops vs UT on 4th down and also failed then; I think we've tried it 4 times on 4th down and so its predictable and D's can scheme for it (and Stoops wasn't even past the 1st down marker this time). Lebby is unimaginative and prone to calling the same play back to back.

And I don't like to call out players, but why is our shortest one effectively the #3 or 4 WR too often? He regularly gets stopped with a mere arm tackle or one hand on him and is largely ineffective besides kick returns. Lebby keeps trying to get the ball in his hands (jet sweep, bubble screens, etc.) as if he's some home run threat instead of Mr. Wasted Down. 17 catches for 83 yards for an abysmal 4.9 yards per catch. Throw screens to the backs (like oSu did) to keep pressure off Gabriel and spread the ball around.

Lebby can't even maximize talent on this team. How much more do we need to see of this fraud? Clearly was riding the coattails of Kiffin at Ole Miss.

For those of you who want to point to certain national stats for this O - we have 2X more talent than every crap team we've played besides UT...and yet we can't even match South Alabama's score in Stoolwater.

Finally, Gundy retooled his O in season and it shows. Lebby, by contrast, has let our O go into a shell. We played conservative against UT and sheer emotion got us that win (along with multiple turnovers). And then with no one else really on the schedule Lebby PLAYED NOT TO LOSE - the vertical ball was minimal and pretended like we had a great running game. If that's also on Venables I'm disappointed. Finally Lebby opens it up some against the Pokes and Gabriel is not in sync with his WRs - three games of little down field and a bye week showed way too much rust. Lebby is responsible for where we are.

Yes we have hurt players - so does everyone else. It seemed like a Poke defender went out of the game every other play, but Lebby take advantage of that? "Let's run it up the gut for the third time in a row."

Are you [Lebby] paying attention to the criticism from fans?: "“That has zero effect. I don’t go down those rabbit holes. I am consumed with our football team, our unit and whoever we’re preparing for.”

If there is a GoFund me effort for a large FIRE LEBBY sign for our next home game, please post it here.

It is hard to put a finger on it, that's for sure. I don't know what happened to this team during the bye week after beating Texas, but this team looks nothing like the team that was 7-0 at that time. They look more like the 2022 team now.
Schedule got tougher and in my opinion texas isn't as good as everyone thought. If they played Bama now instead of earlier in the Season when Bama was having QB issues texass would likely get beat by 2 or more touchdowns and thats with a healthy Ewers.

Might as well let Jackson Arnold take over. There is no chance at the Big12 title, already guaranteed a bowl game.
Let’s see what happens Saturday first. If we win there’s a descent chance of winning out. If we lose then I’m all for Arnold to quarterback the rest of the games.

Oklabama could I shoot you an email? Just a couple of questions about your territory. If not it’s fine

I watched an espnu replay of the last 5 minutes of Saturday’s game (which was wild) which featured a made FG and in spite of the horrible non-call, with a minute left OU had two dropped passes & the final one that was doomed from the start that killed a possible Magical ending.
I wonder if we would still be calling for Lebby to be gone if OU would have pulled it off ?

I watched an espnu replay of the last 5 minutes of Saturday’s game (which was wild) which featured a made FG and in spite of the horrible non-call, with a minute left OU had two dropped passes & the final one that was doomed from the start that killed a possible Magical ending.
I wonder if we would still be calling for Lebby to be gone if OU would have pulled it off ?
Ain't none of this on Lebby yet. Just wait till Jackson gets in there. Folks will change their tune.

Ain't none of this on Lebby yet. Just wait till Jackson gets in there. Folks will change their tune.
With all due respect Woody I disagree. I think over the past 3 games his play calling has been very questionable. OU was fortunate to beat UCF and his failed agressiveness vs KU when OU could have put the game away with a first down is a real head scratcher. The loss to OSU is a combination of the offenses bone headed plays and Lebbys lack of imagination in play calling. He is being way overpaid.

On the last drive I believe Lebby made one bad call. everything else was on the players. starts up front OL did not pass protect (should have left TE in to help) DG made a bad read on the pass to Anderson, Stoops was open on the other crosser with single coverage and Thompson had his man beat deep. Stoops ran his route 2 yards short ( I also believe the 3rd down play got a bad spot. Whistle didnt blow untiil Farooq was at the 48 not 46. ), but the outside WR didnt help much with the rub concept broke inside way to quick. The ball call was on the 3rd down play sending the TE in motion brought another defender into that zone where Farooq caught the pass and he was there to help on the tackle. ( single side WR did get inside position and was open on the slant but DG didnt even look is way.)

My Top 2 targets to replace Lebby

Kliff Kingsbury
Joe Brady
excellent choices, Kliff may be waiting til Riley bolts to NFL and take over USC. Brady, wonder if he would ever consider returning to college, back to the SEC. Lebby making about 1.9 mill/year Brady in that 1.3 mill/ year range.

Reactions: 8085sooner
Lebby is set to make 2 million in 2024. For that money we definitely need someone that doenst tell us week in and week out that he needs to do better.

Reactions: Oklabama
I like BV personally. I like the lack of coach speak and his willingness to admit when he screwed up. However, that can only fly for so long. He has to start learning from his mistakes which he doesn't seem to be doing. I say he gets one more year to see some big time progress or he just may not be the man for the job.

Reactions: JConXtsy
I like BV personally. I like the lack of coach speak and his willingness to admit when he screwed up. However, that can only fly for so long. He has to start learning from his mistakes which he doesn't seem to be doing. I say he gets one more year to see some big time progress or he just may not be the man for the job.

Not saying I would agree with the decision, but Brent probably is going to get at least three more years unless the program simply goes to s*it. Everyone knows jumping to the SEC is going to make it more difficult to have great seasons.

Arnold isnt going anywhere if Lebby leaves. Im more worried about him leaving if DG stays. Kiffin will need a QB next year, and Arnold has to see that part of Lebby's magic was all Kiffin.

If you send Lebby packing, a great chance you would lose Arnold. Better thing very carefully about that.

Who would pick up Lebby if he gets fired and if they do, it will not be Offensive Coordinator? I could see a smaller none football University. Lebby will need to build up his reputation before any Majors come calling and I do not see Arnold going to a Sub univ. I'm pretty sure his NIL money will keep him at OU.

Lebby’s production at OU has been sub par so why would any other university want him to be the offensive coordinator? He’s got a lot of money coming his way if OU fires him and he should be grateful for that. I would be very surprised if he were to find another high paying coaching job anytime soon.

Who would pick up Lebby if he gets fired and if they do, it will not be Offensive Coordinator? I could see a smaller none football University. Lebby will need to build up his reputation before any Majors come calling and I do not see Arnold going to a Sub univ. I'm pretty sure his NIL money will keep him at OU.
Nobody would have Lebby on any OC or Head Coach list within the Power 5. A good Coach should show great progression after 2 years. Lebby is like a 3 days old donut. Not worth a shit and far from innovative. OU is too dynamic of an offense for his limited mind.

Reactions: 8085sooner
Truth be told, and I know I ain't the only one who expected a monster rushing attack THIS SEASON! Bill's proven obviously. Hope he's got us ready for the transition to the sec. Lebby will fall into place only after imo.

I wonder if Lebby’s offense caters to Gabriel’s limited ability to throw deep passes….and when Arnold finally starts, Lebby will open things up.
And with Barnes and Sawchuk ailing through this season, maybe that’s another reason Lebby is coaching the way he does.

I wonder if Lebby’s offense caters to Gabriel’s limited ability to throw deep passes….and when Arnold finally starts, Lebby will open things up.
And with Barnes and Sawchuk ailing through this season, maybe that’s another reason Lebby is coaching the way he does.
CT

If that is the case then that is equal to saying they aren’t playing the better QB. Why would you limit your offense if you had ( have ) a guy who fits your offensive goals bettet? I think loyalty ( Lebbys) to DG is why we havn’t seen much of Arnold. Loyalty only goes so far when your bigger goal is to win games.

Go to the KU game, Lebby evidently had no trust in DG to throw medium or deep so why didn’t he do what others do when your QB seems to be struggling. Go to the next guy and see what he can do. Again DG plays with heart but his arm strength has hurt the abilty to hit the big play overall. How many times has the receivers had to come back to those type of throws? In his career at OU he has won 1 big game but otherwise he has been very inconsistent from game to game.

I am going to the game this weekend so I hope DG has another Texas game in him and hope that Lebby actually has his head in the game all 4 QTS. Not sure I have much faith in either one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT