ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Grant Brix (Fri 9:35pm)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

Feels like the hundredth time I’ve written these words, but Brix plans to visit all three of his top schools one final time before a decision. Nebraska will be the first destination, as he’ll attend their matchup with Purdue tomorrow.

Brix essentially told me that he felt he could make a decision without game-day visits, but that he regrets it in hindsight and wishes he’d have taken the trips in September. He’s mindful of the fact that coaches and fans alike are waiting on his decision, and that it’s been an agonizing game of hurry-up-and-wait. However, he’s determined to measure twice and cut once, and feels as though he needs one last look at the three schools to make the call. He did add that he really doesn’t want to drag things out much longer than necessary after he takes the trio of visits, and acknowledged that he may not end up taking all three if he’s ready to commit before then (I took this to mean his tentatively scheduled Nov. 25 visit to Kansas State may not happen, as it’s the last visit on the docket).

He acknowledged that he was very close to pulling the trigger last week (which would have been for Oklahoma), but ultimately got cold feet once again. There also seems to be a continual issue of getting his whole camp on the same page. The kid doesn’t want to feel as though he’s disappointing anybody with his decision, and that feels like another main reason why we still have no commitment as November draws near.

On and on it goes…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News