ADVERTISEMENT

Kanak

Jan 8, 2017
Congrats on the get Sooners. 10 tackles 1 FF and a sack.

he’s going to be real special. From Kstate territory but wanted to follow BV wherever he was.

hopefully we can make it a game Saturday. If we blew out Tulane as planned we’d be ranked. And I would think we had a shot. Amazing we go from 40-12 over Mizzou then lose to Tulane.

he’s going to be real special. From Kstate territory but wanted to follow BV wherever he was.

hopefully we can make it a game Saturday. If we blew out Tulane as planned we’d be ranked. And I would think we had a shot. Amazing we go from 40-12 over Mizzou then lose to Tulane.
Kanak is a special talent. White will be out for the first half on Saturday. This is not good news for Martinez. Kanak will be spying your QB from the first snap fro his cheetah position.

Reactions: iasooner2000

K-State was undoubtedly looking ahead to this game. If they play like they did against Missouri this is going to be a hard fought game

Brother we almost dropped that game last season and you are correct Banak is special. Good luck Saturday my man. 👍

Kanak is a special talent. White will be out for the first half on Saturday. This is not good news for Martinez. Kanak will be spying your QB from the first snap fro his cheetah position.
Scottsdale, since White’s penalty happened in the first half he only had to sit out the second half. So he should be good to go in the first half against K state! Unless Brent wants to send a message about leading with his helmet?

Scottsdale, since White’s penalty happened in the first half he only had to sit out the second half. So he should be good to go in the first half against K state! Unless Brent wants to send a message about leading with his helmet?
You are correct. My oversight. I was thinking it was the second half. Thanks for setting me straight. I'm going to watch the game again later today.

First half of the next game

I thought it he had to sit a whole game for the penalty. The second half Saturday and the first half against K-State. Or is that NFL rules?
If you're disqualified in the first half of the game, you're disqualified for the remainder of the game. If you're disqualified in the second half, it's the rest of the game and the first half of the next game.

I thought it he had to sit a whole game for the penalty. The second half Saturday and the first half against K-State. Or is that NFL rules?
Basically, you have to sit the rest of the half you're playing in, and one more half. He was ejected in late first half.

The NFL does the subsequent to the game ejection on a case by case basis. Sometimes, depending on the severity, and frequency of the offender, it's at least one game plus a hefty fine. But usually, first offense, no subsequent game penalty.

If kanak played instead of white yesterday. Martinez doesn’t run for 150. Telling u. I’ve followed that kid for years at hays.

start kanak at all costs for 4 years.

I’d actually move Kanak over stutsman. Keep white. Or at least rotate kanak in a bunch.

he’s a 5* and top 3/5 LB out of HS if his high school had a TX location. Or even OK….no kid from western Kansas is ever going to get a 5* due to competition played in the rating websites eyes.

If kanak played instead of white yesterday. Martinez doesn’t run for 150. Telling u. I’ve followed that kid for years at hays.

start kanak at all costs for 4 years.

I’d actually move Kanak over stutsman. Keep white. Or at least rotate kanak in a bunch.

he’s a 5* and top 3/5 LB out of HS if his high school had a TX location. Or even OK….no kid from western Kansas is ever going to get a 5* due to competition played in the rating websites eyes.
Kanak reminds me of Carolina Panthers badass Luke Kuechly.

Reactions: Clubbie
Before the season started a person close to the football staff told me that Venables hired a room full of class coaches and one class clown. When I quizzed him on the clown his response was only that the clown will expose himself.
I have 2 guesses but will keep them to myself.

I'm not sure who would make the call to not play Kanak against KSU. Whomever that might be I would call him in and take a huge chunk out of his ass. That decision has politics written all over it.
It has to be the DC who also coaches the linebackers. Roof and BV want guys who have mastered the calls and the positioning required from the calls. Sometimes, simpler schemes are better, because better athletes can play at least a little, if they're younger and still have some learning to do.

But then White was the guy who screwed up positioning on the key play of the game, third and 16 defensive failure. It's not his first major screw up in the last five years. I think most of us believe that a staff who seems to put high value on Broiles and White in the defense, means that the defense might need some shoring up.

The old football phrase, "we want to put our best 11 players on the field on defense," means different things to different coaches. Most of us think that ought to mean our eleven best athletes, or close to it. But if you're complicated, it can mean the 11 who know the alignment the best. And you lose some of your best athletes in the process.

It has to be the DC who also coaches the linebackers. Roof and BV want guys who have mastered the calls and the positioning required from the calls. Sometimes, simpler schemes are better, because better athletes can play at least a little, if they're younger and still have some learning to do.

But then White was the guy who screwed up positioning on the key play of the game, third and 16 defensive failure. It's not his first major screw up in the last five years. I think most of us believe that a staff who seems to put high value on Broiles and White in the defense, means that the defense might need some shoring up.

The old football phrase, "we want to put our best 11 players on the field on defense," means different things to different coaches. Most of us think that ought to mean our eleven best athletes, or close to it. But if you're complicated, it can mean the 11 who know the alignment the best. And you lose some of your best athletes in the process.
How about the 11 players that are likely not to miss plays and cost points or a game? I am reminded of a guy on my high school basketball team. This is Class C Under 100 people in high school type basketball. We had a guy that ran faster, jumped higher and played harder than all others. He could not shoot, rebound, or dribble and fouled out every game that I recall. He was a starter and cost us more than a game or two. We got a new coach (that knew basketball) and the guy did not make the team. Why?

How about the 11 players that are likely not to miss plays and cost points or a game? I am reminded of a guy on my high school basketball team. This is Class C Under 100 people in high school type basketball. We had a guy that ran faster, jumped higher and played harder than all others. He could not shoot, rebound, or dribble and fouled out every game that I recall. He was a starter and cost us more than a game or two. We got a new coach (that knew basketball) and the guy did not make the team. Why?
Good lord man! I'm at a loss with this bullshit. WTF MAN? God dam Almighty.

Good post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT