ADVERTISEMENT

Is Miciah Quick the forgotten man at WR this year?

Got Rings?

Walk-on candidate
Jul 31, 2010
I haven't seen much written or talked about Quick this off season. I think having gotten some experience last year he will be much improved this year, at least I hope so. I think he has a very good season this year. Everybody is talking about Westbrook, Andrews, Mixon out of the back field as big additions this year and they will be but I believe Quick will be a guy that has been forgotten that will produce well this year.

I haven't seen much written or talked about Quick this off season. I think having gotten some experience last year he will be much improved this year, at least I hope so. I think he has a very good season this year. Everybody is talking about Westbrook, Andrews, Mixon out of the back field as big additions this year and they will be but I believe Quick will be a guy that has been forgotten that will produce well this year.
great question Rings..and I do mean great. I have not heard a peep about him.

I haven't seen much written or talked about Quick this off season. I think having gotten some experience last year he will be much improved this year, at least I hope so. I think he has a very good season this year. Everybody is talking about Westbrook, Andrews, Mixon out of the back field as big additions this year and they will be but believe Quick will be a guy that has been forgotten that will produce well this year.[/QUO

He or somebody else is going to have to step up to support Shepard. Seems like a few of those big receivers looked pretty good in the spring game.

Reactions: BillyRay
Seems like all of our great WRs during the Stoops era have been good out of the gate (as first year players, i.e., Stills, Broyles, Shepard, Murray). Do not recall any developing late in their careers at OU? Quick (and all of the other WRs) had a chance last year to step up to the plate when Shepard went down but failed to do so. In fact, the group was painful to watch down the stretch with dropped balls and inabilities to get open. So yes, the Sooners desperately need Westbrook, Andrews and Mixon to step up to the plate in 2015. IMO

I sure won't give up on any of the young WRs as I think they were handicapped by the OCs and the offense we were trying to run last year. I think Riley will be able to help the QBs to get the ball to the WRs a lot better than we have seen in recent years. Plus, we have a proven WR coach or make that coaches. I think the OC and WR coaches will be one the exact same page this year, compared to recent years.

For sure we simply can't be any worse than we were last year.

I think there will be a very different performance by wides and slots this season. The new offense will change some things. I still believe that the big drawback to this scheme is that it gets your quarterback beat up. But we shall see.

I was personally more than a little disappointed in Quick last season. But this offense might be great for him. It appears that Shep is going to play both places. When he's wide, then Quick will likely get some reps in the slot. There will be more space. But he was more slight than I'd expected a year ago, and not as, well, quick. He was functional, but not a stand out.

The whole deal with wide receivers will be a new paradigm. Smartly finding space, and catching the damn ball will be the two biggest assets. Bot will earn the trust of whomever is taking snaps. The wides were the biggest disappointment in the most disappointing season of the Stoops era.

Our go to guy this year will be Mark Andrews. Big with good hands and great attitude.
can't disagree with this, as I was very impressed with him in the Spring Game. Big, great hands and very powerful. I am not sure if he has great speed, but he makes up with it with power and desire. I was impressed.

Quick will be a factor. There's plenty of blame to go around in last year's passing game struggles and little if any falls on Quick's shoulders.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT