ADVERTISEMENT

If Lebby takes Miss St job - players to watch

Jsums81

Walk-on candidate
Silver Member
Aug 24, 2023
Let’s start here - 0 chance DG comes back for a final year to get smashed by every SEC team Miss St plays. He had about the best statistical year he could have and there’s no better time to go to the draft. DG is not following Lebby to Miss St. Probability - 0%

JA - kind of the same thing. He’s got the starting job at OU locked up for 2024 with a great cast of playmakers around him. Why would he go to Miss St with a garbage roster just to follow an offense he knows? Also chances are we’re going to keep a lot of the offense the same if we elevate Lattrell, Jo John, Jones, or some combo of those. Probably - 0%

Michael Hawkins - This may be more interesting. Still, he has been recruiting HARD for OU this entire cycle. He committed really early. He loves OU and I just don’t see him wanting to try and play at Miss St. Only way I could see him wanting to go is if he doesn’t see a path to playing at OU. Probability - 15%

Devon Mitchell - Really only comes into play if Jo John leaves with Lebby. He’s basically a 5* talent so I really don’t see him going to Miss St. However there’s a better chance that he may re open his recruitment or take the bag that Miami was offering if the coach that recruited him leaves. Probably - 30%

Other 2024 WRs - comes into play if Lebby hires Emmit Jones in an elevated role. I could potentially see one or 2 of the lower rated guys going with him since they seem to love Emmit so much. Counterpoint - Emmit has a huge recruiting presence in Texas and may not want to leave that for Mississippi - Probably- 25%

Really the one I’m most worried about is Mitchell. We need help at TE in the worst way and he is an absolute baller. If we lose him it’s a huge hit. And guys please, DG and JA are not going to Miss State so let’s put that to bed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News