ADVERTISEMENT

I was sure I heard that I'd be a member at Rivals

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
if I'd been a paid member on 247. And there also.

Instead, I'm not allowed at either site. Here, I can't read Parker and the guys. It treats me like a non-member and blocks the premium message board. And when I punch OUInsder on my search, it comes to rivals instead of 247. I paid for a year less than six months ago, and not I can't reach either site.

Any solutions?

You view your sub info on 247. It’s in your account settings. Should have a start and finish date. Example. But would need whole screen shot for proof. Not cut off version.

Instead, I'm not allowed at either site. Here, I can't read Parker and the guys. It treats me like a non-member and blocks the premium message board. And when I punch OUInsder on my search, it comes to rivals instead of 247. I paid for a year less than six months ago, and not I can't reach either site.

Any solutions?
247 is now Sooner Illustrated.

Reactions: newnasty

Any solutions?

Your sub at 247 is now SoonersIllustrated.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/

You are able to get your premium subscription moved to OUInsider at rivals by following a few easy steps. @Parker Thune mentioned how to do it on his radio show.

1. Take a screenshot of your 24/7 annual subscription.
2. Send the screenshot plus your @Plainosooner rivals user name to the following email address:

OUINSIDEROFFER@gmail.com

You will be comped for a premium subscription at rivals. I am unsure what happens to your subscription at 24/7 if you choose to go this route, though.

Reactions: Stone-Man
I emailed a screenshot of my subscription info from 24/7 to the email provided by the Rivals tweet. It took less than 24 hours for a promotional code and signup link to be emailed to me to join Rivals, though, the Gmail spam filter did pick it up. Followed the process, entered my CC info, but won't be billed a penny until my remaining 7 months of existing time is consumed.

Thanks Rivals crew for that btw. Stand up move.

Reactions: theSeanDon
Your sub at 247 is now SoonersIllustrated.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/

You are able to get your premium subscription moved to OUInsider at rivals by following a few easy steps. @Parker Thune mentioned how to do it on his radio show.

1. Take a screenshot of your 24/7 annual subscription.
2. Send the screenshot plus your @Plainosooner rivals user name to the following email address:

OUINSIDEROFFER@gmail.com

You will be comped for a premium subscription at rivals. I am unsure what happens to your subscription at 24/7 if you choose to go this route, though.
Thanks. The only screen shots I've ever taken were accidental; not sure how to send it. I know I know. I'm very backward. But I'll give it a shot.

Thanks. The only screen shots I've ever taken were accidental; not sure how to send it. I know I know. I'm very backward. But I'll give it a shot.
If you’re using an iPhone, press the side lock button and the volume up button at the same time.

I thought there was a screenshot button on my laptop, but there's only a print screen button. I'm a little too 70ish.

My username is the same both places.

Try selecting the Window + Shift + S key. Should pull up the Snipping Tool Which will allow you to take a screenshot of the area you need. Or just search for the Snipping Tool.

Reactions: iasooner2000
It's bullshit! I don't live on these boards and it's a hell of a shock to stop in for a visit and see the way this went down. After 22+ years of taking my money (and still using my money) it sure as hell wouldn't hurt to send out a blanket e-mail to all customers explaining what happened, why, and what our options are. Like, "Marv, if you wish to stay with Rivals, do nothing and re-up the subscription when due. If you wish to move with us to our new site, click here and follow the instructions. Far too damned easy, fair/honest, and professional. Is it greed or weed?

Reactions: iasooner2000
I doubt they're advertising it highly, but a week or two ago, I was allowed to sign up for the old rivals guys for a $1 a month for I think 5 months which was perfect for me. That way, if the mistreatment I suffered through for ten years reappeared, I just wouldn't sign up at their regular fee. And the new crew at 247 isn't horrible. So I read them some until my sub expires. They I'll decide if I was to stay.
So far, it's not bad. I think the old guys here, were hampered in communicating by RIVALS Inc. They intimated that, without saying it specifically. I still feel the way you feel about the old guys at 247, because they made it hard for those of us who are challenged by technology.

Marv, they should have treated you right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT