ADVERTISEMENT

I know you leftists are so proud of this administration

I'm sure all of you right wing nuts are proud of trump showing everyone and their dog classified papers? Or how about General Bonespurs posting a photoshop of him as a Revolutionary War general on the 4th?

I'm sure all of you right wing nuts are proud of trump showing everyone and their dog classified papers? Or how about General Bonespurs posting a photoshop of him as a Revolutionary War general on the 4th?

B..b...b...but whatabout.... TRUUUUUUUUMP!

So fragile. I'll take my president as a Revolutionary War general over your president any day. I know this makes you proud.

64am3cp8_white-house-pride-month-display_625x300_12_June_23.jpg

NYPICHPDPICT000012489611.jpg

nudity-at-the-white-house-tiktok.jpg

Last edited:
B..b...b...but whatabout.... TRUUUUUUUUMP!

So fragile. I'll take my president as a Revolutionary War general over your president any day. I know this makes you proud.

64am3cp8_white-house-pride-month-display_625x300_12_June_23.jpg

NYPICHPDPICT000012489611.jpg

nudity-at-the-white-house-tiktok.jpg
Trumps stupid ass thinks that the Colonial Army overtook the British airports during the revolutionary war. Also, you said you'd take your president as a Revolutionary War general but in reality, he is a cowardly pussy who lied and used daddy's money to keep from serving. Keep supporting the treasonous POS, I look forward to hearing you all cry as he is sent to prison.

Trumps stupid ass thinks that the Colonial Army overtook the British airports during the revolutionary war. Also, you said you'd take your president as a Revolutionary War general but in reality, he is a cowardly pussy who lied and used daddy's money to keep from serving. Keep supporting the treasonous POS, I look forward to hearing you all cry as he is sent to prison.

Poor Cole the Tucker has stage 4 Trump Derangement Syndrome 🤣😂😅

Don’t jump Tuck. There is help available.

6 / 2 (1 + 2) = ?
.99 cents

Over 99% of the time I've used this demonstration educators and bank emplyees tell me I wrote 99 cents. I place my thumb over the dot and tell them this is 99 cents. I remove my thumb and say "I wrote point 99 cents which is 99 one hundreths of one penny." In 1792 Congress based the US dollar on the meter. There are 100 cents in the dollar and 1000 mills.

The US was first with a decimal/metric currency. One liberal argued the Russian rubal was first metric. The rubel was first DECIMAL currency in 1704 with 100 kopeks to the rubal.

There was a time when our public education system taught the structure and history of the US buck. The Feds began their takeover of our failing education system in 1965. I've taught many professors how to count US currency. Most appreciate my efforts.

.99 cents

Over 99% of the time I've used this demonstration educators and bank emplyees tell me I wrote 99 cents. I place my thumb over the dot and tell them this is 99 cents. I remove my thumb and say "I wrote point 99 cents which is 99 one hundreths of one penny." In 1792 Congress based the US dollar on the meter. There are 100 cents in the dollar and 1000 mills.

The US was first with a decimal/metric currency. One liberal argued the Russian rubal was first metric. The rubel was first DECIMAL currency in 1704 with 100 kopeks to the rubal.

There was a time when our public education system taught the structure and history of the US buck. The Feds began their takeover of our failing education system in 1965. I've taught many professors how to count US currency. Most appreciate my efforts.

You told me not to answer. So I didn’t.

BTW… 101’s were a silly millimeter longer.

You told me not to answer. So I didn’t.

BTW… 101’s were a silly millimeter longer.
Macon, GA. Cigarette manufacture there tell me cigs for export get 100 mm and 120 mm on the boxes and package. Cigs for US consumption find mm left off. US Nationals have such fear of the metric system. I don't smoke but I believe I've seen packages without the 100 and 120.

The president of the Cowboy Hall of Fame sued the US Government after Gerald Ford signed the Metric Changeover Act in 1975. Was it the Wall Street Journal that had a field day with that one? When the USDA went metric in 1996 my company made me sit through a bunch of goverment videos about the metric system. My company was big into export. I was bored silly. I know a bit about the metric system. I know a bit about the nemerically dysfuntional and idiotic English system.

When NASA announced it was metric only, 13 space agencies cheered. I didn't know there were 13 space agencies.

The US gov is metric. The public is hybrid. Metric is the gov's preferred system. I buy a liter of mouth wash. I buy a stupid quart of milk.

When my 1/2 gal (1.89 L) OJ dropped to a hard metric 1.75 L, the price stayed same.

Walmart store brand Great Value OJ is still 1/2 gal. ( 1.89 L).

P & G has begged congress to let companies voluntarily use metric only on consumer labels for US consumption so they can use same label on Old Spice After Shave in Australia and New Zealand. US law mandates standard and metric on consumer labels. These countries don't permit the US mandated 4.2 fluid ounces. So far no action from Congress.

P & G makes the same 125 mL bottle for all 3 countries. Aqua Velva makes a hard metric 200 mL bottle of after shave lotion for New Zealand and Australia, 207 mL for the US.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Walmart store brand Great Value OJ is still 1/2 gal. ( 1.89 L).

P & G has begged congress to let companies voluntarily use metric only on consumer labels for US consumption so they can use same label on Old Spice After Shave in Australia and New Zealand. US law mandates standard and metric on consumer labels. These countries don't permit the US mandated 4.2 fluid ounces. So far no action from Congress.

P & G makes the same 125 mL bottle for all 3 countries. Aqua Velva makes a hard metric 200 mL bottle of after shave lotion for New Zealand and Australia, 207 mL for the US.

Years ago, Dairy Queen introduced the 1/3 Pounder to compete with McDonald's 1/4 Pounder. The public didn't buy it and it was a total flop. Reason given: Why buy a 1/3 pound burger when I can get the 1/4 pound burger for about the same price?

If gasoline was sold by the liter in America, that same public would be elated to pay only $1.57 per.

Last edited:
Years ago, Dairy Queen introduced the 1/3 Pounder to compete with McDonald's 1/4 Pounder. The public didn't buy it and it was a total flop. Reason given: Why buy a 1/3 pound burger when I can get the 1/4 pound burger for about the same price?

If gasoline was sold by the liter in America, that same public would be elated to pay only $1.57 per.
A reminder: The US average IQ is a paltry 98.

A visiting company New Zealander told me he still buys gasoline by the Imperial gallon even though his country is virtually all metric. Doing business in Ontario and British Columbia, Canada for 12 years I bought gasoline by the liter. After Ford signed the Metric Changeover Act, Gulf stations in Lawton, OK sold gas by the liter for a time. They switched back to the US gallon. Townes Transfer & Storage in Lawton switched their diesel pumps to the liter for a short time. Employees sang the blues.

In Reagan's first budget he took out funding for the metric changeover office. He said we were far enough along in our changeover momentum would carry us. Ho! Ho! Ho!

A visiting company New Zealander told me he still buys gasoline by the Imperial gallon even though his country is virtually all metric. Doing business in Ontario and British Columbia, Canada for 12 years I bought gasoline by the liter. After Ford signed the Metric Changeover Act, Gulf stations in Lawton, OK sold gas by the liter for a time. They switched back to the US gallon. Townes Transfer & Storage in Lawton switched their diesel pumps to the liter for a short time. Employees sang the blues.

In Reagan's first budget he took out funding for the metric changeover office. He said we were far enough along in our changeover momentum would carry us. Ho! Ho! Ho!
You are 100% a bot.

I remember seeing a few kilometer signs on the highways back then. The most memorable was:
St. Louis 62 miles / 100 km
... saw that one several times per year.

Some think Canada is a totally-metric country. It's not. They still officially use the Imperial system in many ways, and it drives their European and global partners crazy.

Not using the metric system are:

Architecture, construction and building supplies
A person's height and weight
Thermostats of heating and cooling systems
Grocery store labeling of meats (per pound).
Railroad mileage
And all those roadways - still laid out in square miles.

Only recently has the BTU been replaced by the megajoule.

There is a push by some in Canada to go 100% metric, but the general population from coast to coast wants no part of it. So the focus has been placed in the curriculum in colleges and universities and activism to change the nation.

Imagine that. Spending time and money on activism for a worthy change instead of drag queen story hour, global warming, race-baiting and the right to kill babies.

It's July 9th, and the Northwest Passage is still closed due to Arctic ice.

I remember seeing a few kilometer signs on the highways back then. The most memorable was:
St. Louis 62 miles / 100 km
... saw that one several times per year.

Some think Canada is a totally-metric country. It's not. They still officially use the Imperial system in many ways, and it drives their European and global partners crazy.

Not using the metric system are:

Architecture, construction and building supplies
A person's height and weight
Thermostats of heating and cooling systems
Grocery store labeling of meats (per pound).
Railroad mileage
And all those roadways - still laid out in square miles.

Only recently has the BTU been replaced by the megajoule.

There is a push by some in Canada to go 100% metric, but the general population from coast to coast wants no part of it. So the focus has been placed in the curriculum in colleges and universities and activism to change the nation.

Imagine that. Spending time and money on activism for a worthy change instead of drag queen story hour, global warming, race-baiting and the right to kill babies.

It's July 9th, and the Northwest Passage is still closed due to Arctic ice.
A Quebec guy once showed me his driver license. Feet and inches. An Ontatio woman driver license, centimeters. Canada is the only country in the Americas with two official languages. French and English. The US is the only country with no official language. Belize and Canada are the only two with English as official.

As a professional tourist I watched sign placement all over the country. Distance to signs popped up. Little Rock 62, Amarillo 62, Cinncinnatti 62, Indianapolis 62, Cheyenne 62. 62 miles is 100 km. An old colleague sent me a photo. (100 km) has been added to the sign north of Cincinnatti.

Some SMITH EXIT 1 MILE signs were dug up. SMITH EXIT 1 1/4 MILE signs were planted. 1 1/4 mile is 2 km. SMITH EXIT 1/2 MILE signs were replaced with SMITH EXIT 1/3 MILE. 1/3 mile is 500 m.

I used to see many ROAD CONSTRUCTION, NEXT SIX MILES. 6 miles is 10 km. In CA I saw CONSTRUCTION NEXT 10 km.

Poland uses Imperial measure in plumbing. Japan uses Imperial measure in baseball.

You are 100% a bot.
A good bot or a bad bot? How would you and I score in a class room intelligence quotient exercise? How would you and Section22Sooner score in an intelligence quotient exercise? Section22Sooner would abuse you. How do we know? You simply won't stop reminding us.

Section22Sooner doesn't name call. He suggests you're slow and you prove it.

Not to divert from the OP but who’s the brain trust behind putting signs on the highways every .1 (tenth) of a mile ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
I figured but maybe only every 1/4 mile would be more cost effective ?

Odometers read only in tenths. You'd have to have an odometer with two places to the right of the decimal for 1/4.

When you're looking for a car reported to have run off the road, even 1/10 of a mile is a long distance to search.

Back in the early 80's, I was doing work with a small railroad in Oklahoma. I was pacing the "high railer" in my truck as the crew was putting out milepost signs on the right of way. I told them early on that they were off by minus 1/10th of a mile for each mile. They ignored me and went about their work. When they got closer to their destination, they ran out of milepost signs about 3 miles short of the final siding.

Later I spoke with the road foreman about it, and he said it was attributed to the smaller diameter tires installed on the high railer. They didn't match the odometer correctly. They never corrected the problem, and those incorrect milepost signs stayed in place for years.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Odometers read only in tenths. You'd have to have an odometer with two places to the right of the decimal for 1/4.

When you're looking for a car reported to have run off the road, even 1/10 of a mile is a long distance to search.

Back in the early 80's, I was doing work with a small railroad in Oklahoma. I was pacing the "high railer" in my truck as the crew was putting out milepost signs on the right of way. I told them early on that they were off by minus 1/10th of a mile for each mile. They ignored me and went about their work. When they got closer to their destination, they ran out of milepost signs about 3 miles short of the final siding.

Later I spoke with the road foreman about it, and he said it was attributed to the smaller diameter tires installed on the high railer. They didn't match the odometer correctly. They never corrected the problem, and those incorrect milepost signs stayed in place for years.
It was circa 1995 when I watched km posts go in the ground all over Alabama. By exec order, Slick Willie said we couldn't afford the changeover. Gov. Fob James said, dig up the posts." 'Bama DOT said, "put the posts back." US taxpayers got to spend millions remeasuring and planting posts. Finally all changeover attempts ended. I read Kentucky still had wearhouses full of metric signs and posts. Kentuky was second on the list for the changeover. Nebraska had spent a wad prepping for changeover.

In 2000 all vehicles sold in the US were mandated digital odometers. A dealer can switch these vehicles to read km on the odometer instead of miles. All US gasoline pumps today can be swithed to deliver gasoline by the liter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT