ADVERTISEMENT

I hate to be that guy, but I had a conversation with a guy in the know...

gmwatson

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2013
First I'll just say that I by no means have any "sources", nor have I ever previously talked with someone close to or apart the OU program. I always laugh, as does everyone else at those who claim to have talked to sources right before NSD, and this seems too timely to be true. BUT, last night I crossed paths with someone who's decent friends with my father. It was probably the first conversation I've had with him alone so we just made small talk about OU football, which is about all we have in common. I know for a fact he has some degree of first hand knowledge regarding the program, however miniscule it may be. Here's what I was told, take it or leave it.

-Sadly, Caleb Kelly is at best a 50/50 between OU and ND.
-Velus Jones is "almost certainly" going to USC, but this was as of last night. Josh said today that things are getting crazier and more unpredictable with Velus, so take that over everything else.
-He told me that Chris Daniels is going to Texas.

-The most interesting thing said was his mentioning of Brandon Stephens, the running back who just decommitted from Stanford yesterday. This immediately came following my question of potential steals for NSD. I assume that his mentioning must've meant he had reason to believe Stephens and OU could be communicating. He didn't explicitly state Stephens and OU were a thing, but his name is what he chose to bring up on the topic of NSD steals. If I'm not mistaken Boulware and Gundy visited Stephens just one month after his commitment to Stanford. That tells me they were at one time serious about him. Personally, I don't have any clue if the coaches want another running back but I would certainly go after his signature as he's a complete, well rounded back unlike Abdul Adams who's more elusive and agile.

Once again, I'm not claiming any of this to be gospel, but it was too timely not to mention on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News