ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe we don't have a food post for the 4th....

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
One thing we always have is a "What you cooking for the holiday" type thread. So, what you cooking, grilling or going to a restaurant?

Me, steak, prime cut from Reasors. Mushrooms and onions on skewers roasted along side my steak on my charcoal grill. Corn on the cob. I have to eat this all the time before I lose my teeth. JJ. Shubbery at every meal. Fresh lettuce with Wishbone Italian dressing.

Finish it with a strawberry cake from the bakery at Reasors with a confederate flag decoration.

JJ on the flag, sort of.....

Baby backs on the Big Green Egg. I smoke them with a dry rub for about 3 hours, then slather a bunch of honey on them and put them in loosely wrapped foil for an hour or so until the meat pulls back from the bone. After that, I take them out of the foil, shake a little more dry rub on them and let them smoke until the honey and rub caramelizes. Yeah, they're good. :)

Farmer John Hot dogs on the Weber, with mustard and onions, the wifes macaroni salad. and a lemon bundt cake............. you gotta try the lemon bundt cake..OH so good!!!!!!!!!!! just about American as you can get! and I forgot, thanks to the great men who founded this great country, and those of us men and woman that served to keep it that way!

Last edited:
Farmer John Hot dogs on the Weber, with mustard and onions, the wifes macaroni salad. and a lemon bundt cake............. you gotta try the lemon bundt cake..OH so good!!!!!!!!!!! just about American as you can get! and I forgot, thanks to the great men who founded this great country, and those of us men and woman that served to keep it that way!

Just curious ps. Can you tell me about your avatar? Roys?

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Just curious ps. Can you tell me about your avatar? Roys?
K2C, that is a pic I took the other day coming home from Laughlin Nv.. it's about 50 miles from Barstow and about the same from Needles. it's one of the old stops along route 66. the name of the town is Amboy, it's actually in a lot of tv commercials that i've seen over the years. they still sell gas there for 5.49 a gallon if you are unlucky enough to need some! just a pretty cool stop on the Mother Road......

late to the party...we did pork tenderloin rubbed with Rudy's and garlic pepper on the Egg with a bit of Hickory. After a bit I put on a platter of zucchini and yellow squash drizzled with black truffle oil and lemon pepper. Mum and the youngest did sauteed mushrooms in butter with butter..garlic pepper and again a touch of the truffle oil. They made a fresh salad with guacamole, green and jalapeno peppers tomatoes...cilantro...etc. Rolls...and after the fireworks...homemade ice cream. Yeah...I will not need to eat for a week now.

late to the party...we did pork tenderloin rubbed with Rudy's and garlic pepper on the Egg with a bit of Hickory. After a bit I put on a platter of zucchini and yellow squash drizzled with black truffle oil and lemon pepper. Mum and the youngest did sauteed mushrooms in butter with butter..garlic pepper and again a touch of the truffle oil. They made a fresh salad with guacamole, green and jalapeno peppers tomatoes...cilantro...etc. Rolls...and after the fireworks...homemade ice cream. Yeah...I will not need to eat for a week now.
ha...it is new to me. Took a BBQ class in A-town this last week. Never heard of it in my life and I ain't young!

K2C, that is a pic I took the other day coming home from Laughlin Nv.. it's about 50 miles from Barstow and about the same from Needles. it's one of the old stops along route 66. the name of the town is Amboy, it's actually in a lot of tv commercials that i've seen over the years. they still sell gas there for 5.49 a gallon if you are unlucky enough to need some! just a pretty cool stop on the Mother Road......

I thought I had seen that picture/place before. Thanks for the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT