ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel = Mizzou Tiger

I'm not a wnas fan either but the back and forth thing they had going for a while was almost unfair. If tulsan would just man up and admit to being wrong this would all go away.

We've covered this before too. Did I say he was a great play caller, or did I point out you goobers were wanting to fire a coach whose offense averaged 40 points a game when our D was giving up 35 a game? Rhetorical question given there's no way you're going to admit you're wrong. If you don't know when a defense is loading the box and you think the OC needs to pass a defense out of it versus our QB, do you REALLY want us to take you serious when you claim you know what's wrong?? Are you related to WNAS?

Like I need to take you serious? Scoring 6 vs Clemson, 14 vs Baylor, etc. Kudos to you on your knowledge, brainiac. Baylor spied the QB after 10 minutes, yet the RB's were popping off 5 yards at a time. Power sets worked against them anytime they were used. Go fact check it. Go load your box with a DVD of the games. Then take the blinders off.

Reactions: BillyRay
Like I need to take you serious? Scoring 6 vs Clemson, 14 vs Baylor, etc. Kudos to you on your knowledge, brainiac. Baylor spied the QB after 10 minutes, yet the RB's were popping off 5 yards at a time. Power sets worked against them anytime they were used. Go fact check it. Go load your box with a DVD of the games. Then take the blinders off.

Who was our best WR against Baylor? Shepard was out. And that was the game you goobers wanted to fire Coach Mike! Clemson? Yeah, our offense sucked against the nation's top defense. Were you one of the ones bitching about Riley during the RRS this year when our offense sucked against a crappy defense!?

The FACT is, the 3 or 4 of you Monday AM QBs that think we should win every game or fire a coach need to take a firm grip around you throat and slowly remove you head from your butts. If you don't know what you're talking about and aren't willing to admit when proven wrong...I'd suggest...Find another hobby.

Last edited:

You're just dead wrong on this, not that you'd ever admit it. But the second half this year against TCU was about the same personnel as the time you're complaining about last season. We did have Perine healthy for enough of the second after this past November for one long TD run. But your ranting against Heupel is more than a little misplaced. I genuinely thought you were smarter than that.

Guess not. This is a different team with Shep healthy than when he's not. Last season, after he went down, the receiving corps was, uh, substandard. Against any defense with athletes we couldn't run the ball enough to beat anybody. Most of the problem was GCG. What is remarkable is that they started moving the ball on the ground better this year after was started doing less true spread and doing a lot more of what we did last season. Just different personnel. And then the big difference was the quarterback.

Who was our best WR against Baylor? Shepard was out. And that was the game you goobers wanted to fire Coach Mike! Clemson? Yeah, our offense sucked against the nation's top defense. Were you one of the ones bitching about Riley during the RRS this year when our offense sucked against a crappy defense!?

The FACT is, the 3 or 4 of you Monday AM QBs that think we should win every game or fire a coach need to take a firm grip around you throat and slowly remove you head from your butts. If you don't know what you're talking about and aren't willing to admit when proven wrong...I'd suggest...Find another hobby.

First off, brainiac ego stroker, I never suggested any coach be fired on this board. I wish JH well, but I owe him nothing. Bob Stoops says OU should win, "at Oklahoma, we play for championships."

I don't think he was referring to Liberty Bowl championships. As long as we win six we can go bowling is not acceptable, and neither is 8-5.

I guess it took you six months to pull your head out of your ads and come back to the board, I just can't figure out why you shoved it deeper in this time...

Tulsan thought heupel was doing a satisfactory job, Stoops didn't therefore he was fired. There is nothing tulsan can say to change this. He was wrong, he knows he was wrong. He was so embarrassed and humiliated he even disappeared from the board for 6 months.

Here is an undeniable trait in the minds of some messed up Sooner fans.

One win or loss can be the difference between the coronation of a king and princes in shining armor, or the exile of villains from the Sooner Nation... ...using the exact same roster and coaching staff.

With a loss, the meltdown occurs. Then they try to make everyone else's life miserable because every ounce of their own self worth goes down the toilet because of losing a freakin' football game. They want everyone to suffer.

So it really comes down to winning or losing. Period.

I'll sit back and watch this all happen over the next 11 to 22 days. It used to bother me. But now I accept it as just another unimportant element of one big screwed up world that we live in that is full of jack asses.

In the mean time, surround yourself with level-headed sane people, and grab a bowl of popcorn.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
I am as big of a Josh Heuple fan as anyone here. I supported him 100% when he was on staff. I am still a regular '14 Foundation' donor. But what else do OU fans owe him VERY much of? It can't be money. He was paid well. It can't be respect. He is forever a name in OU history and folklore. What am I missing?

If you meant "OU fans who disliked him owe him very much", then I understand the meaning of your comment. But forget about it. Those kind of Sooner fans are too caught up in self pride to say anything nice. It's just like the Landry Jones, Brennan Clay or the Zack Sanchez beefs. Being right at all cost is far more important than being a classy, respectful & supportive Sooner fan. They think it makes them look tough, knowledgeable and poised, when in fact - the opposite is true.

Now we're being told that we aren't classy and aren't respectful only because Huepel failed as an OC. Screw that. Some of you guys are simply so damn foolish and you're playing switch by sticking your collective heads up Boomer's & Sooner's asses. Seldom, if any will you ever hear me languish an OU player. For me, they are off limits for their field of play. Coaching, that's different. They are adults for one thing, but they are also being paid to get a job done. So go ahead (no pun intended) and continue to play switch. It's entertaining to say the least.

In my eyes & heart Huepel will always be recognished & respected for the leadership and play on the field. He led the Sooners back from the dead w/ the help of many other great players and coaches. But he was not ready to lead OU as an OC and it showed. If you think he's ENTITLED of Sooner fan love for his coaching because of his days as a player, you are flat ass wrong. Grow up and learn to accept that the leader of the Sooner nation was sharp enough, bright enough, and put the OU name ahead of a failing coach. He was offered an opportunity to succeed and failed. Personally, I thought that his play book was not deep enough, thick enough to be handed the reins of the offense. It came back to bite the program. Thank GOD we have Bob Stoops as the HC who realized this and made the hard decision to remove him.

Your post gave some positive insight that the inmates won't be running the asylum any longer. But after doing some research on the subject, I've concluded that your post is mostly wishful thinking. I understand that. But it isn't looking promising.

Josh Heuple made a horrible decision to go to Missouri. He probably already knows it, but has made up his mind to give it his best. And he will. He's a winner. Unfortunately, he'll likely grow weary of the bullshit and leave after a year or two. Many prospects have backed out. Who can blame them?

The Missouri legislator withdrew the bill to bring an end to scholarship players from holding the school and football program hostage. The lawmakers were chided and called a "racists" for caring. So nothing changes. More activist coercion is coming to your athletic program and it will inhibit success.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-bill-bar-student-athlete-protests/77417410/

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-history-of-whiny-black-protestors-at-college

Batten down the hatches. It will only get worse. They're empowered now.

I think you're a tad bit off. Their action has empowered an entire nation of college athletics. I'm one to believe that Mizzu is only the first of many. I expect additional universities to be affected going forward.

Well said man. I'm assuming you are responding to ST. He will never get it. I sure wish I could dig up some of those threads from last season when ST was on his crusade against everyone who questioned JH. Looking back it's ridiculously comical to think what lengths he went to, and in the end Bob Stoops agreed with those against ST and in fired JH. The jolt to STs ego kept him from posting from that moment until after this season started. Just epic!!!! Lol

I remember posting that Huepel was about to be fired as I read from the premium side and ST's response was,

"Plaino, what are you hearing?"

I literally barrel laughed when I read it.

I remember posting that Huepel was about to be fired as I read from the premium side and ST's response was,

I think ST just hangs around on Plaino's nutsack, and really just regurgitates everything Plaino says and then sticks his chest out as some sort of smart guy. Boy...when he decided to hitch his wagon to last years train to defend JH and treat everyone who questioned him as stupid, he did in fact turn out to make himself looking stupid.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner

You also said Coach Mike would be fired this year. You also said teams weren't loading the box against Blake, you also said you banned posters as a mod because you didn't like them...

The list is longer, and not once have you admitted you were wrong. That's why nobody takes you serious or gives you the respect you so desperately crave, except from a few that share the same character defects.

This board takes care of itself. It always has.

First off, brainiac ego stroker, I never suggested any coach be fired on this board. I wish JH well, but I owe him nothing. Bob Stoops says OU should win, "at Oklahoma, we play for championships."

I don't think he was referring to Liberty Bowl championships. As long as we win six we can go bowling is not acceptable, and neither is 8-5.

I guess it took you six months to pull your head out of your ads and come back to the board, I just can't figure out why you shoved it deeper in this time...
So you can't respond to my questions about our personnel in the games YOU used as points? That's pretty weak and transparent but proves my earlier point. Silent ignorance is wise.

Your post gave some positive insight that the inmates won't be running the asylum any longer. But after doing some research on the subject, I've concluded that your post is mostly wishful thinking. I understand that. But it isn't looking promising.

J...
Batten down the hatches. It will only get worse. They're empowered now.

I don't agree with the conclusions that you have drawn from your research. You bring up prospects backing out, but there are always a couple who change their mind when a head coach and much of the staff leaves. That's not an indicator of anything. The number of decommits was small. In at least one case, the new coaching staff was no longer showing interest in the kid.

The legislator putting forward a bill to deal specifically with the issue of student athlete protests was just being stupid. The governor appoints curators to run MU. This is an executive duty that shouldn't be micromanaged by know-nothing legislators who don't have day to day contact with the school. These curators don't like their hiring and firing decisions being taken away from them. There is ample evidence that the curators or at least AD Mack Rhoades are taking back control.

Pinkel supposedly knew that he wanted to leave, but after he signs his whole team up for the protest it took less than a week for the 15 year coach to resign.

S&C Assistant AD Pat Ivey is very popular with the players and has been widely praised for his ability to take 3* guys and get them to the NFL. He had a role in acting as a liaison with CS1950 on behalf of the players. His situation was investigated and he was fired after telling some people that he would be coming back. I would bet my paycheck that if the players knew Ivey would lose his job over this that they would not have threatened the walk-out to begin with. Message sent: players may have power, but there are consequences when that power is wielded recklessly.

There was a ton of donor blow-back on this. When there is money involved, you can count on any AD to address the issue. It's pretty easy to meet with student athletes out of the public eye and tell them that the next group of people who try to hijack the football team for a political goal will be former student athletes. The football players have a lot more to lose than spoiled, whiny, rich hunger-striker Jonathan Butler. You can get their attention without throwing them off the team or making a big public scene. Beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised to see some transfers. It will be interesting to see who and when.

You bring up prospects backing out, but there are always a couple who change their mind when a head coach and much of the staff leaves. That's not an indicator of anything.

“I think the students have created this situation where nobody wants to come here. There have been several prospects who have chosen not to go to MU because it’s in such disarray."
-Rick Brattin

“I think the students have created this situation where nobody wants to come here. There have been several prospects who have chosen not to go to MU because it’s in such disarray."
-Rick Brattin
Here's hoping Josh is making a ton of $$ up front.

So you can't respond to my questions about our personnel in the games YOU used as points? That's pretty weak and transparent but proves my earlier point. Silent ignorance is wise.

So you consider yourself wise for your six months of silence due to ignorance? Ok.

You proved last year in our debates that you know little about competitive football while answering few if any questions. The ideal that one can't complete a pass if a certain receiver is missing is ridiculous at best. 3 and out repeatedly while throwing incomplete passes against nickel and dime packages while Ford, Ross, and Perine are averaging five a pop is also.

Calling people ignorant and stupid while giving your colon an inspection with your foot in your mouth is just, well... stupid

Look at is this way, you have the support of barkingyank and WNAS. I've got a Three Stooges playing football pic around here somewhere...

And for the record, ignorant simply means you don't know any better. Like not being able to recognize when DBs are cheating up to load the box. So don't be so offended. Now, if you don't recognize it repeatedly after you've been shown ....THEN you would be stupid, big difference that many don't know.

Last edited:
Lava join others on the board and place tulsan on ignore. Besides getting his feelings hurt and leaving the board for 6 months ( like a sensitive teenager) he is now nothing more than a troll. He offers very little

-Rick Brattin

You are falling into a logical fallacy. Rick Brattin may be an authority on what goes on in the Missouri legislature (and I'm not even sure about that), but he's not exactly a football coach. I haven't read every single rivals recruiting story for MU, but I've probably read 90%. There was one kid I can remember saying anything about the protests. Is it a negative recruiting point against MU? Sure. But every day that goes by where this isn't in the news, it becomes more a part of hte past.

To put this in perspective, do recruits think OU is racist because of that fraternity video last year? If you really followed what went on at MU, you would know that the activists were playing fast and loose with the truth. Some of the stuff they were saying never even happened and the rest was blown way out of proportion. I think that may be what pissed off the politicians, "How dare they tell more lies than we do!"

Reactions: stuck in del rio
Look at is this way, you have the support of barkingyank and WNAS. I've got a Three Stooges playing football pic around here somewhere...

And for the record, ignorant simply means you don't know any better. Like not being able to recognize when DBs are cheating up to load the box. So don't be so offended. Now, if you don't recognize it repeatedly after you've been shown ....THEN you would be stupid, big difference that many don't know.

three-stooges-football.jpg

ST, it looks like some of these boys took it personally when you decided to get away from this place for a few months. Why else would they keep bringing up your absence? I did the same thing. I was gone from September 2014 to February 2015, never posting once, never lurking once. It's quite entertaining actually, that these "adults" think that they can somehow shame you for not posting on a message board. I would hate to have SoonerScoop being the most important thing in my life.

You are falling into a logical fallacy. Rick Brattin may be an authority on what goes on in the Missouri legislature (and I'm not even sure about that), but he's not exactly a football coach. I haven't read every single rivals recruiting story for MU, but I've probably read 90%. There was one kid I can remember saying anything about the protests. Is it a negative recruiting point against MU? Sure. But every day that goes by where this isn't in the news, it becomes more a part of hte past.

To put this in perspective, do recruits think OU is racist because of that fraternity video last year? If you really followed what went on at MU, you would know that the activists were playing fast and loose with the truth. Some of the stuff they were saying never even happened and the rest was blown way out of proportion. I think that may be what pissed off the politicians, "How dare they tell more lies than we do!"

MUTiger91, you seem like a quality person. I appreciate your calm posting style as you chose to take the high road. I hope things work out the way that you hope they do. About the only other thing I will say is, just because prospects remain silent on the issue doesn't mean the situation at Missouri isn't on their minds. One reason for not wanting to come to Missouri would be to not get involved in the mess. Likewise, the reason for not voicing an opinion is to not get involved in the mess. Racist activists are vicious people who will stop at nothing to inflict their brand of pain.

I wish your athletic program great success, especially with the addition of Josh Heuple. The guy is a true competitor and a good man. Hope he helps you guys make some noise in the SEC.

Last edited:
I owe Huepel nothing other than my respect for him as player that won a national championship. He was an average at best play caller and just bad at making season and in game adjustments. When a team takes multiple time outs after tv breaks or quarter changes because they can't get a play in, that's a problem. When a team gets penalties or put in an awful situation because they're rushing to get a play off because the play call came in so late, that's an even bigger problem. He was a GREAT QB coach before he took the OC job. I owe him nothing. He's done nothing for me personally to owe him anything more than I've given him. I wish him well and I hope he lights it up somewhere and becomes a hot commodity on the coaching block.

He was thrown into a no win situation that he never should have been in being a first time OC at a blue blood school. He should've cut his teeth somewhere smaller and developed a true offensive identity of his own. Even players were quoted as saying they didn't know what their offensive identity was supposed to be from one week to the next. Saying that I "owe" any coach anything just because he was the first QB of the Stoops era tells me there's probably not much objectivity there. Should I find walk ons and owe them something because they were Stoops' first walk ons that got the team prepped week to week?

Reactions: barkingwater2000

Yep, and three and outs vs dime defenses throwing into double and triple coverages is because your box is loaded with too much shit that it turns your blue eyes brown.

Lava join others on the board and place tulsan on ignore. Besides getting his feelings hurt and leaving the board for 6 months ( like a sensitive teenager) he is now nothing more than a troll. He offers very little

I like ST. He has his moments. I ignore comments, not commenters. It makes no difference to me whether he gets it or not. My life is not impacted by words on a screen. I take nothing personal from it and don't think anyone else should either. Ignoring people is what 12 year olds do, and I'm at least 13...

ST, it looks like some of these boys took it personally when you decided to get away from this place for a few months. Why else would they keep bringing up your absence? I did the same thing. I was gone from September 2014 to February 2015, never posting once, never lurking once. It's quite entertaining actually, that these "adults" think that they can somehow shame you for not posting on a message board. I would hate to have SoonerScoop being the most important thing in my life.

Because unlike your return, he returned as a prick. BTW he shamed himself. Some tried to save save him from himself.

Well lava I only decided to ignore posters who were more obsessed with me than OU football,etc. For me atleast, it was a good decision. As for 22, I'm guessing you left for different reasons, he left due to being humiliated. I just found it funny considering all the stuff he talked. I apologize for giving him the attention he desires and I won't again, the ignore feature will continue to pay off. On a side note, what are we all getting each other for Christmas?

LOL...so true. Gotta have your priorities straight, and NEVER, EVER take a message board too seriously. "Emotional" posters seem to struggle with that. ;)

Your taking a break from the board wasn't due to being embarrassed about being so completely and utterly wrong about something. Everyone takes breaks from the board here and there. It's pretty clear ST decided to step away from the board to rebuild his ego stroke, and is now back on his crusade trying to tell others how stupid they are for questioning JH last season.

I don't have to read ST's comments to know he is absolutely getting dominated by Lava in this thread.

Yep, and three and outs vs dime defenses throwing into double and triple coverages is because your box is loaded with too much shit that it turns your blue eyes brown.

No coach is perfect, and they all have games or plays they'd like a "do over". Nobody bitched about Huepel the previous 3 years, even when we lost Broyles and our offense with LJ looked JUST like it did last year with Trevor with a year's game experience under his belt...after he lost Shepard. That's why I tend to look at the body of work. A few of you want to villify an OC that scored 40 pts a game when our D was giving up 35 a game? Keep knocking yourselves out...it's completely illogical...obviously.

Plaino pointed out what our offense could've looked like all of this season by referencing the second half of the TCU game. You think it was "play calling" that allowed us to escape Tennessee with a win??

Said it before, the BIGGEST difference in our offense this year is a healthy Shepard, other receiving options, and most importantly...JOHN FRICKIN' WAYNE!

My hope is that the 3 or 4 of you Monday AM QBs don't get a chance to repeat your ignorant whining after Mayfield graduates JUST LIKE when some were begging for Huepel to be given the reins when Wilson "suddently" forgot how to call plays in the 2008 NC game.

In both situations, I've been consistent, there's a reason. It's not hard to defend a coach whose offensive stats through a handful of years are near the top in the nation. The only real question remaining is, IF we start losing games fans think we should win after Mayfield graduates, will you be one of those that admits they were wrong or will you be saying Riley wasn't ready to be OUr OC??

Something to ponder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT