ADVERTISEMENT

Heart

Medic,

For most of the game I watched Bama was far from crisp and not very disciplined. I think if Texas had not lost the starting QB early in the game the Horns likely win.
Yeah, and that's not comforting at all. The UTerus defense looked like an actual defense. OUr's looked quite lost unless it was a run up the gut. Offensively, not sure the strategy here. Do nothing but get stuffed until almost halftime and then get the short yardage pass game on schedule. I'm just glad Bitch Boy wasn't here to make everyone give up hope in the first quarter. That fvckstick is a loser.

Heard some bama fans complaining about some bama players doing the whorns down sign after the game and even heard Saban yelled at his players for doing it. Smdh. Whats the World coming to?

Reactions: iasooner2000
If anyone is up right now there is a scrap going on between baylor and byu right now, 20-20 with about 2 mins to go.

So, is Texas back? Umm…….not quite yet
I saw a Texas team yesterday that was better and tougher than I have seen in recent years. If Ewers' injury is downgraded and he's ready for OU, Texas will be even tougher.
OU needs to amp it up in the weeks ahead to play a good Texas team (with or without Ewers) and I think that will happen. but first, OU must survive KSU and TCU.
Having watched Nebraska so far, I cannot see them beating OU next Saturday, even in Lincoln. The Huskers continue to distance themselves from what was once a great and respected legacy. And FWIW, their 2022 and 2023 classes are/were both ranked 41... with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
There is also an issue of age. Most of A&M'S glorified multistars are young. Especially at quarterback, that can be a huge difference. Then their freshman fg kicker missed the tying field goal, late.

Bama is not the team they were last year. For 4 or 5 years, they've jad a receiving corps that can light up an NFL combine. For some reason yesterday, there was one terrific receiver, that they didn't play much, or target at al until the 4th quarter. When he entered inthe 4th Q, he was a difference maker.

The receivers had trouble getting separation, and dropped several 3rd down passes when they did. W
My uneducated guess is that Ewers broke his collarbone yesterday. If that's true, he will miss the RRR.

If OU goes into Lincoln with a similar game plan as yesterday we will not make it out alive. It took Lebby a full half to realize the O Line could not create a hole between the tackles. Our starting RBs are not suited for it. Tawee Walker is but he didn't see the game until Q4. I am still not impressed with Gabriel's read progressions. He missed wide open receivers. Farooq would have had 100 yards if given the ball when he was open. Gabriel got better in the second half when Lebby decided to thrown the ball downfield rather than sideways. Our zone D in the secondary has been eaten alive the last two weeks. This needs to improve very soon. Hats off and a bow to Redmond and Stutsman. These guys are solid. Kanak will be a force. He showed signs of what he will be in the near future. The activity and energy this team displays before the game and on the sidelines is a new height in OU football. I have had season tickets since 1984 and I don't ever remember enthusiasm at this level. When the O was on the field, the D was huddled by position groups with their respective coaches with marker boards. Chavis is good now, will grow wth his DEs and be a great HC one day.

OU is in a transition period and is experiencing growing pains, so a lot has to come together as the season moves forward.
We should have all expected some rough edges early on. At least some of us.

Reactions: Sooners83
If OU goes into Lincoln with a similar game plan as yesterday we will not make it out alive. It took Lebby a full half to realize the O Line could not create a hole between the tackles. Our starting RBs are not suited for it. Tawee Walker is but he didn't see the game until Q4. I am still not impressed with Gabriel's read progressions. He missed wide open receivers. Farooq would have had 100 yards if given the ball when he was open. Gabriel got better in the second half when Lebby decided to thrown the ball downfield rather than sideways. Our zone D in the secondary has been eaten alive the last two weeks. This needs to improve very soon. Hats off and a bow to Redmond and Stutsman. These guys are solid. Kanak will be a force. He showed signs of what he will be in the near future. The activity and energy this team displays before the game and on the sidelines is a new height in OU football. I have had season tickets since 1984 and I don't ever remember enthusiasm at this level. When the O was on the field, the D was huddled by position groups with their respective coaches with marker boards. Chavis is good now, will grow wth his DEs and be a great HC one day.
Nebish just fired Frost.

Alberts could have waited two weeks and only owed $3.5 million but was a “good ‘ol boy” and will pay out $7.5 mil to do it now
Note: Scottsdale’s numbers are correct, I was just repeating stuff from the Hawkeyes board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT