ADVERTISEMENT

Have to be honest with you Sooners

Jan 8, 2003
The one thing I have always liked about the Oklahoma is the fact it is a very conservative state. Having said that, I am absolutely blown away by the overwhelming support for Mixon remaining on OU's roster. It seems like you can't find one Sooner that isn't totally disgusted by the whole ordeal. In all seriousness, it is like the twilight zone.

Because of many other instances of turning a blind eye, there is zero doubt Stoops reputation is in the gutter when Mixon leaves.

What is hard to understand is why have this hanging over a program the next few years? Is it really worth all of the bad pub each year? If Mixon turns out to be a great back, the national media is only going to slam OU over and over.

I just can not fathom the rage if someone did what Mixon did to my daughter only to see him celebrated by masses on Saturday afternoon. Being a Texas fan and us being rivals I still try to find common ground but I have lost a ton of respect for OU.

You can sure bet this has changed the way Strong views Stoops when before there was mutual respect.

Crazy, Do you always make such broad, sweeping stereotypes?

Actually, there are many Sooner fans who are not happy that Mixon is still on the team. If you spent anytime on this board, you would see that that people fall into one of two camps, those who feel that Mixon should have been gone and those who feel that Mixon was punished appropriately and has been reinstated. So, to say he has "overwhelming support" could not be further from the truth.

Yes, OU will get blasted by the media and our opponents for years to come over this and that is to be expected. But it is a decision that the AD and Stoops are comfortable with and they'll weather the storm. But even if Mixon was kicked off the team, whatever program picks him up would also be labeled enablers and tolerant of violence against women, which is also would be an inaccurate portrayal of that program as well.

And finally, I don't recall any comments made by Strong about his opinion of Stoops. And quite frankly, I'm willing to bet he doesn't give a damn about how Strong or anyone else may view him for reinstating Mixon. He's doing what he feels is best for his team, just as Strong does what he feels is best for his team.

I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy of the horns and expected them to take a holier-than-thou position when the horn program has had their issues with drugs, assaults and those who have committed sexual assualt or engaged in inappropriate sexual relations or sexual harassment.

The one thing I have always liked about the Oklahoma is the fact it is a very conservative state. Having said that, I am absolutely blown away by the overwhelming support for Mixon remaining on OU's roster. It seems like you can't find one Sooner that isn't totally disgusted by the whole ordeal. In all seriousness, it is like the twilight zone.

Because of many other instances of turning a blind eye, there is zero doubt Stoops reputation is in the gutter when Mixon leaves.

What is hard to understand is why have this hanging over a program the next few years? Is it really worth all of the bad pub each year? If Mixon turns out to be a great back, the national media is only going to slam OU over and over.

I just can not fathom the rage if someone did what Mixon did to my daughter only to see him celebrated by masses on Saturday afternoon. Being a Texas fan and us being rivals I still try to find common ground but I have lost a ton of respect for OU.

You can sure bet this has changed the way Strong views Stoops when before there was mutual respect.

Now this is funny stuff right here. I've seen this guy's retarded posts on Orangebloods and this level of stupid is just par for the course for him.

I believe you have your name all wrong. Shouldn't it be "crazy longhorn"?

You are really out of touch with reality. Every OU message board has had dozens of discussions about this issue. Most thought we should have cut him loose, including me. I didn't think it was worth the negatives that would come from keeping him. Same with Shannon, though there was no evidence of any crime. I also didn't want OU to give DGB a 3rd chance either. The majority of OU fans, I think, felt the same way.

So, your thought is just way off base and inaccurate.

Now, since you are a crazy longhorn, why don't you explain the how and why Texas fans never got upset about all the thugs of the Brown program? How many longhorn did Brown and Texas cover up their bad deeds? How many incidents of bad behavior were swept under the rug in Austin, Texas?

The people in charge made a decision and handed out a punishment. Does not matter what anyone thinks and not everybody is happy with it but it is a done deal and no amount of trash talk or bickering about it will change a thing. The only thing we can hope for as human beings is that he learned a valuable lesson and hopefully it never happens again. He will probably hear a lot about it from opposing fas when the Sooners travel and that is to be expected so I don't think his punishment is over in that respect.

[QUOTE="Longhorn Crazy, post: 193938, member: 9855"]The one thing I have always liked about the Oklahoma is the fact it is a very conservative state. Having said that, I am absolutely blown away by the overwhelming support for Mixon remaining on OU's roster. It seems like you can't find one Sooner that isn't totally disgusted by the whole ordeal. In all seriousness, it is like the twilight zone.

You can sure bet this has changed the way Strong views Stoops when before there was mutual respect.[/QUOTE]

Every team eventually has a player that brings bad publicity to the team. Your Horns have had their share in the past so why you would be all of a sudden throwing rocks at another program and the coaching staff is beyond me. Did you feel this same way when Mac allowed less than model citizens to continue to play at Texas? Somehow I think you had no problem looking the other way as long as it was your team doing the looking away.

Many of us had some spirited discussions in regard to rather or not Mixon should be allowed to stay at OU. I would say your statement of the "Majority of Sooners supporting him" is so false its absurd. What Mixon did was wrong and I was one of those that felt he should have been let go. However I also believe that Stoops is doing what he thinks is best for Mixon and truly believes the kid deserves a second chance. Maybe he does because we have no clue what went on behind closed doors with his meeting with Stoops.

The bottom line is if your coming over here to cast stones I think it would be very wise for you to remember the shady characters UT had under Mac during his time as your HC.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
The one thing I have always liked about the Oklahoma is the fact it is a very conservative state.

That's the one thing I've always disliked about Oklahoma.

And the tornadoes might figure in a smidgen.

As for a Bongwhorn preaching morality about sports programs, take a drive down to the Austin PD and have a gander at the police reports (most of them never made public) involving UT players in the last ten years or so. It'll make your beady little eyes pop out of your apple-size head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barrow4
I think most Sooner fans are just tired of hearing about it. Everyone has their opinion about it and it has been talked about to death on here so I can see why some just want to move on from it. Nobody on this board had a say in what type punishment was handed out or if he should be off the team. Remember what they say, those that stir the crap pot has to lick the spoon.

Few, if any give a damn about what Strong thinks of Stoops and it's very highly doubtful that even you know what Strong thinks. It appears you Horns are prepping mentally for a Mixon butt stomping.

While I can't condone what Mixon did, I keep coming back to the DA's statement that (given the provocation), most of the time this act wouldn't even result in charges being filed. However, since it was a high profile case, Mixon was charged with "misdemeanor assault." Given the way the justice system in Austin historically (and strongly) favors Longhorn athletes, no Horn fan can question Stoops' actions in this case without being a complete hypocrite.

While I can't condone what Mixon did, I keep coming back to the DA's statement that (given the provocation), most of the time this act wouldn't even result in charges being filed. However, since it was a high profile case, Mixon was charged with "misdemeanor assault." Given the way the justice system in Austin historically (and strongly) favors Longhorn athletes, no Horn fan can question Stoops' actions in this case without being a complete hypocrite.

Well played WP. Couldn't have said it better myself!

If the girl who was hit had not had a document history of anger management issues that a court had previously ordered her to seek help for and a history of other illegal problems then Mixon would probably be gone. The fact that the girl was said to be the instigator of the physical altercation, Mixon’s age and that his record had no significant problems, all played a part in the punishment Mixon received and has now severed…. Nothing about the circumstances made what he did right or just but people who have pretty good track records of decision making have decided to give him a second chance. There is not a damn thing any of us can do about it even if we don’t like it!

PS: Mack Browns arrest records was rather long as I recall….This makes the Texas fans who are trying to make hay out of this look pretty weak

Maybe he did get off lucky, but he did what he was suppose to. I agree that you shouldn't hit a girl. Then again, maybe she should NOT have slapped him first. Mixon was given a 1-year punishment, he served it, and didn't complain. Also, last time I checked, Stoops wasn't too concerned about how Charlie Strong feels about him.

First off.... Who gives a rip what Chuck thinks since he will be fired after this year. I assume you are just fine with Texas being a 6-6 program as long as the football team is squeaky clean? Yea Mack ran a tight program lmao

Well sorry. people (girls included) have to be responsible you can not just go an hit, slap someone and not expect to get hit back. I have told mine girls this if you feel threaten then fight back and if you hit someone expect to be hit back

Don't feed the troll. No point in arguing with someone who remained a "fan" under Ol' Yellow Tooth and then has the balls to talk about turning a blind eye or do I need to post pictures of my "Book 'Em Horns" shirt?

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Don't feed the troll. No point in arguing with someone who remained a "fan" under Ol' Yellow Tooth and then has the balls to talk about turning a blind eye or do I need to post pictures of my "Book 'Em Horns" shirt?

Our former coach kicked a 5* recruit Caleb Jones off the team after he punched a male tennis player at a bar. There were no crushed facial bones on the male student.

Assaults (plural), sexual assault, theft, DWI, intimidating a witness, leaving the scene of an accident, etc all on Mack's watch and that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. So take your holier than thou bullshit and try to pitch it to the Aggies.

Our former coach kicked a 5* recruit Caleb Jones off the team after he punched a male tennis player at a bar. There were no crushed facial bones on the male student.

Your former Coach also allowed a player to remain with the team after running his car into an apt and leaving the scene. The same coach allowed for a player to return for the Natty game after his video showing massively drunk and vommiting in the cop car.

Lastly, seriously, nobody on this board has any control in the decision process of any disciplinary action. Like you, we're fans and cheer and support our team. The kid paid his dues as set forth by not only Bob Stoops but the University Pres and staff. He's back now and I hope he kicks the shit out of UT.

Actually, the tennis player sustained a fractured jaw from being punched by Caleb Jones, so there goes your "no crushed facial bones." Joey Sawaysland actually had to have surgery to repair his fractured jaw which sidelined him from the tennis team. Caleb Jones sucker punched him unprovoked in a jealous fit over the tennis player talking to his former girlfriend.

And your former coach did not kick him off the team. Mack suspended Jones pending the outcome of the felony charge filed against him. Jones decided to transfer.

If you're going to attempt to act uppity, you should at least get your shit somewhat straight. Once again you look like the mouth breathing imbecile that you are.

My prediction is that during any given telecast of OU football, all that will be said about Joe Mixon will be in regards to his performance on the field.

And Chuck Strong can suck it. Bob Stoops isn't going to lose any sleep over his opinion. In fact, I'm quite sure Bob intends to make CS rue the day he ever set foot in the Big XII.

Your former Coach also allowed a player to remain with the team after running his car into an apt and leaving the scene. The same coach allowed for a player to return for the Natty game after his video showing massively drunk and vommiting in the cop car.

Lastly, seriously, nobody on this board has any control in the decision process of any disciplinary action. Like you, we're fans and cheer and support our team. The kid paid his dues as set forth by not only Bob Stoops but the University Pres and staff. He's back now and I hope he kicks the shit out of UT.
Beat me to it. Yes, Mixon hurt that girl & he was disciplined (& OU was lauded at the time for it; how many "Oklahoma showed the NFL how to handle it" articles were there) for it. Kindle was lucky as hell he didn't kill somebody that night, & unless I missed it, didn't have anything of note done to him. #textingmya$$

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Regardless of what you boys think, OU is going to get hammered for the Mixon incident throughout the year and during his stay at OU. Even when he is gone, fans and the media will not let go. Just hard to believe any program would let that happen over one player.

The bad news is that Mixon doesn't seem like he has learned his lesson when he tweeted for his haters to watch out. Is he referring to the girl's parents or just fans in general?

The good news for the Horns is that without a doubt Charlie is going to use this each year as a friendly reminder to his team when facing Stoops and Mixon. At the top of the list for Strong's core values is treat women with respect. When Mixon leaves you fans are going to look back in amazement that your University allowed this to happen, especially when you factor in the high risk, low reward.

Having been put in his place he still feels the need for the last word. After 15 years of lax discipline and sweeping it under the rug he can now occupy the moral high ground with good ol' Charlie Strong. Love the Horns and their delusional, short memories...

I haven't seen anyone celebrating Mixon's big mistake. Just see people who disagree about how severe his penance ought to be. He didn't instigate; he reacted.

I think the OP was just trying to stir up trouble, again. I can't understand why Longhorns are so supportive of Charlie Strong, given his blatant lying to a recruit about his position coach staying, then announcing the day after he signed his LOI, that actually the coach is leaving. And then making it impossible for him to go elsewhere in peace, despite not qualifying for UT. This, from the coach who claims his core tenets involve honesty.

But I don't go on a Longhorn board to complain about it.

On never mind. I actually do understand.

Crazy wrong, what you should have said was Texas fans won't let it go. You guys are absolutely obsessed with anything and everything Oklahoma. I find it pathetic.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT