ADVERTISEMENT

Garth Brooks doesn't get it.

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
The media is going after the crossdresser with all the blame for Bud Light’s sales plunge disaster. However, it's Alissa Heinerscheid, the ex-VP of Marketing's comments, that have been totally swept under the rug are out of sight. (I wonder why?)

IMHO, it was her disparaging remarks about Bud Light consumers that turned people away. She gets 95% of the blame. The little twink can do whatever he wants. Heinerscheid is the one who drove off customers.

From an April Fox News article:

"Bud Light's vice president of marketing discussed in a recent interview how she was inspired to update the "fratty" and "out of touch" humor of the beer company with inclusivity.

"I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light.’"

She added further that she had a "super clear" mandate that "to evolve and elevate this incredibly iconic brand." She said that what she "brought" to the brand was a "belief" that to evolve and elevate means to incorporate "inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men."

She then disparaged the work of Bud Light’s past branding.

"We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach," she said."

Good job babe. How's that all working out?

My concern is the Belgians direction for marketing. Inbev won't give up on the freak slant I'm afraid. Look at Europe. 😂

Reactions: caldoc
The media is going after the crossdresser with all the blame for Bud Light’s sales plunge disaster. However, it's Alissa Heinerscheid, the ex-VP of Marketing's comments, that have been totally swept under the rug are out of sight. (I wonder why?)

IMHO, it was her disparaging remarks about Bud Light consumers that turned people away. She gets 95% of the blame. The little twink can do whatever he wants. Heinerscheid is the one who drove off customers.

From an April Fox News article:

"Bud Light's vice president of marketing discussed in a recent interview how she was inspired to update the "fratty" and "out of touch" humor of the beer company with inclusivity.

"I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light.’"

She added further that she had a "super clear" mandate that "to evolve and elevate this incredibly iconic brand." She said that what she "brought" to the brand was a "belief" that to evolve and elevate means to incorporate "inclusivity, it means shifting the tone, it means having a campaign that’s truly inclusive, and feels lighter and brighter and different, and appeals to women and to men."

She then disparaged the work of Bud Light’s past branding.

"We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out of touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach," she said."

Good job babe. How's that all working out?
Well, she was just idiot enough. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT