ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Facts: Derrick Leblanc

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere

Alright guys, let's get to it...

*I dropped the ball last time and won't do it again...

He becomes the No. 10 'Derrick' in OU's player registry, according to SoonerStats.com. He joins notable names like Derrick Shepard and Derrick Strait and most recently, former Rivals100 wide receiver Derrick Woods.

In a new thing that I don't remember coming up much, and that I want you to read and hear in your head like something from a royal herald, Leblanc is the "FIRST OF HIS NAME!" in Oklahoma football history.

**He is only the fourth defensive lineman the Sooners have landed from the state of Florida - at least amongst those who eventually signed - since the beginning of the Rivals era, 2002.

What's even crazier, and something of a statement of the impact of Brent Venables, Todd Bates, and Miguel Chavis?

Three of those four have come since Venables arrived - Leblanc, along with Alton Tarber and R Mason Thomas back in February. The only other was K'Jakyre Daley back in the 2017 class. As you all may have deduced already, though he is just the fourth he's in even more rarified air as he is the first four-star defensive lineman Oklahoma has signed from the state of Florida in the Rivals era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News