ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star 2025 TE DaSaahn Brame focusing primarily on four schools

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023

At 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds, Derby (Kan.) tight end DaSaahn Brame has the measurables and tenacity to be an elite tight end at the collegiate level. He’s equally adept as a pass-catcher and a blocker.

Thus, it’s no shock that Brame has reeled in over two dozen FBS scholarship offers to date. But the Wichita-area stud already has four programs that have elevated themselves above the rest in his recruitment. By the end of his junior year, he plans to have taken game-day visits with all four.

“I’ve been to OU to K-State, and I’m planning on going to Tennessee and Oregon,” said Brame. “Maybe in October."

Brame’s father Da’Von played at Kansas State in the mid-1990’s, which has helped the Wildcats cement themselves as a contender. However, Oklahoma has also leveraged strong connections with the family, as Brent Venables was the linebackers coach for K-State when Da’Von roamed the gridiron in Manhattan. That relationship, which dates back over a quarter-century, has helped the Sooners emerge as a frontrunner — some, in fact, would say the outright leader — for Brame’s services. He’s a big fan of everything Oklahoma has to offer, and he’s made several unofficial visits to campus.

“I love it,” Brame said of Oklahoma. “Joe Jon [Finley] is great. The fans are great. I’m excited to go back for a night game; I think I’m going to go back in a couple weeks for a night game down there. And I’m stoked.”

One of Brame’s primary recruiters at Oklahoma isn’t a coach, but rather a peer. Four-star quarterback Kevin Sperry, who in March became the first commit of the 2025 class for the Sooners, has made Brame a priority of his own recruiting efforts. Brame says he’s found it pretty easy to click with Sperry, and even amidst the bustle of the school year and the grind of football season, the two connect regularly.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” Brame remarked. “We text probably once or twice a week, just ask how the season’s going for each other.”

Though it sits just two and a half hours south of Derby, Norman is a big draw for Brame, who says he wants to expand his horizons with his college choice.

“I really want a different aspect outside of Kansas, because I’ve grown up in Kansas and I kind of want to see a different atmosphere,” he explained. “OU is really different, and Tennessee and Oregon, [they’re] different. So yeah, it’s really cool. But I mean, honestly, the school part of it is a big part of it as well. Because I want to be an orthodontist when I get older. I think it’s about eight years [of school].”

And though he’s already got a pretty good idea of what he’s looking for, Brame isn’t in a rush to close out the recruiting process. He may have an unofficial top tier, but he’s still keeping an open mind.

“I’m thinking probably end of the season, I’ll drop a top five or a top eight or something,” he said. “Official visits next spring; I’ll probably commit in the summer.”

The Rivals FutureCast currently favors the Sooners to land Brame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News