ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: 8 reasons why OU could win the football national championship

Jobea you stated posters were predicting 6 losses last year which was false. Then u went after me when it was obvious I was talking to bcs. Are you okay man?

Reactions: BillyRay
Jobea you stated posters were predicting 6 losses last year which was false. Then u went after me when it was obvious I was talking to bcs. Are you okay man?

Show me it's false. Me and about every other reader on this forum remembers the "if a walk on QB starts at OU..." Threads. If you want to pretend otherwise, that's up to you. One of your cohorts in this thread started a couple threads with almost exactly that in the title.

I didn't go after you. I replied directly to posts that were replies to mine.

You are the one making the accusation of posters stating we would lose 6 games so YOU show the proof. As for myself I predicted 3 or 4 losses but of course no one could predict Mayfield would be one of the best qbs in the nation. I will say this though. Some on here actually thought Knight should start and I thought that was ludicrous

Without Mayfield last year I say Oklahoma would have lost to TCU and Tennessee and who knows. Knight seems like a good dude and teammate but man he was a bad qb

I dont have to show proof because we all saw so many predicting OU for doom if "a walk on that couldn't make it at TTU won the job at OU" crap. You can hide behind that all you want or use it to attack me. I don't have the desire to run back through those threads or even care to, but if you try to deny it then you were probably one of the culprits behind it. We all saw it, we all know it happened and that's why some are getting so offended by me even mentioning it.

Apparently you don't read. I didn't predict anything. I do not predict anything good or bad. I damn sure don't use opinion to say something is definitely and definitively going to be bad OR GOOD. You're missing every point of every single thing I'm saying, and it's becoming glaringly apparent.

Can you predict the future? When you predicted "OU would be doomed if it had a walk on QB that couldn't make it at another school" would seem to point a different direction. So, you saying that so and so will never be more than "average at best" is nothing more than opinion stated as fact and you insult people in the process of disagreeing with your so called fact. I try to always be cautiously optimistic anymore. I don't believe in predicting/hoping for greatness anymore. I watch and root hopefully and if it shakes out, it shakes out. You always watch pessimistically, and that's fine too. That's your prerogative. I just get tired of predictive opinions, especially negative, being stated as fact and portrayed as fact. All that does is trash talk a player for what purpose?

Has Quick been average so far in his career by a fan's standards? Yes. Has he been by coaching standards? Who knows, none of us are coaches and they keep wanting to give him opportunities as evidenced by continual opportunities in games. He's still pretty young. Can anyone predict what he will be tomorrow or the next day? Hell no. If you can, then please give me some lotto numbers. If not, then stop stating his future abilities and production as fact.
Now you've piqued my curiosity with your above.

Can I predict the future? I have and most likely will continue to do so with even a great deal of accuracy I might add. You do the same I would imagine.

Just some of my more mundane predictions off the top of my head for the very near future:

Tomorrow will come.
I will blink my eyes within the next 5 seconds.
I will eat and drink for the next two days.
Our air supply will continue for at least the next day and potentially longer.
We will play another NCAA Tourney opponent within a matter of hours (less than 24 hours).

I could go on like this for a long, long time. And, these, for the most part, didn't even require empirical research. For the record, some of the above have already successfully occurred and are now in the past. Ta-daaaaa!

Why don't you give it a try? I bet your list will greatly exceed mine. Your clairvoyant abilities and tendencies might be self-enlightening especially for one who doubts the possibility.

When did I predict/say that OU with a walk-on QB would be doomed and that he couldn't make it at another school? If true, that would be on record in the past so I'm sure one as clever and resourceful as you can find the post(s) that includes such. It would certainly validate your contention that's presented by you as fact. I await your response.

The empirical data known last Spring regarding Baker revealed just the opposite. He was an accomplished and decorated student-athlete while at Texas Tech. Commentaries attributed to Coach Kingsbury reveal that Baker was not in their plan to start the following season so he transferred.

I am so glad you are cautiously optimistic. Does that mean I, too, have to be in your eyes. When I make an opinion/prediction, I almost always support it empirically and allow others to absorb and reflect upon it. I encounter a great deal of feedback (not always positive) in the process which I find refreshing and often enlightening. I've been proven wrong on more than one occasion.

So you are not fond of predicting? That's cool. Others find it stimulating.. Is that a reason to be seemingly bitter towards them? As I previously mentioned, you do it almost as a matter of routine just like everyone else. You just seem to prefer poking holes in the expressions and boldness of others rather than attempting to understand where they are coming from. It appears safer for you to conduct your behaviors in such a manner.

So I'm a "pessimist" now? In what way? Can you support and defend such an absolute of your own making? Could it simply be that your level of understanding is occasionally inferior to that of another. I know mine is at times.

Could it also be that your level of bias/emotion occasionally exceeds your ability to reason and rationally comprehend another's perspective especially when it runs counter to yours? Just throwing it out there.

You might wish to discover the phenomenon of "trending". It does require research and possibly a measured degree of boldness. It's the kind of "out of the box" and "outside one's comfort zone" approach to attain perhaps deeper understandings. It just might open your eyes to new possibilities and likely new discoveries.

Oh wait, you posted you are tired of "predictive opinions" that come across to you as being "negative". It's not your cup of tea so you elect to castigate those who choose to partake.

How can you be so negative?;)

Boomer Sooner

Won't bother replying to this thread again, it's pointless if someone that lives on this board is trying to say he didn't see the threads saying OU would probably be sub-500 if OU had Mayfield starting and defending one of the main people that started those threads.

Now you've piqued my curiosity with your above.

Can I predict the future? I have and most likely will continue to do so with even a great deal of accuracy I might add. You do the same I would imagine.

Just some of my more mundane predictions off the top of my head for the very near future:

Tomorrow will come.
I will blink my eyes within the next 5 seconds.
I will eat and drink for the next two days.
Our air supply will continue for at least the next day and potentially longer.
We will play another NCAA Tourney opponent within a matter of hours (less than 24 hours).

I could go on like this for a long, long time. And, these, for the most part, didn't even require empirical research. For the record, some of the above have already successfully occurred and are now in the past. Ta-daaaaa!

Why don't you give it a try? I bet your list will greatly exceed mine. Your clairvoyant abilities and tendencies might be self-enlightening especially for one who doubts the possibility.

When did I predict/say that OU with a walk-on QB would be doomed and that he couldn't make it at another school? If true, that would be on record in the past so I'm sure one as clever and resourceful as you can find the post(s) that includes such. It would certainly validate your contention that's presented by you as fact. I await your response.

The empirical data known last Spring regarding Baker revealed just the opposite. He was an accomplished and decorated student-athlete while at Texas Tech. Commentaries attributed to Coach Kingsbury reveal that Baker was not in their plan to start the following season so he transferred.

I am so glad you are cautiously optimistic. Does that mean I, too, have to be in your eyes. When I make an opinion/prediction, I almost always support it empirically and allow others to absorb and reflect upon it. I encounter a great deal of feedback (not always positive) in the process which I find refreshing and often enlightening. I've been proven wrong on more than one occasion.

So you are not fond of predicting? That's cool. Others find it stimulating.. Is that a reason to be seemingly bitter towards them? As I previously mentioned, you do it almost as a matter of routine just like everyone else. You just seem to prefer poking holes in the expressions and boldness of others rather than attempting to understand where they are coming from. It appears safer for you to conduct your behaviors in such a manner.

So I'm a "pessimist" now? In what way? Can you support and defend such an absolute of your own making? Could it simply be that your level of understanding is occasionally inferior to that of another. I know mine is at times.

Could it also be that your level of bias/emotion occasionally exceeds your ability to reason and rationally comprehend another's perspective especially when it runs counter to yours? Just throwing it out there.

You might wish to discover the phenomenon of "trending". It does require research and possibly a measured degree of boldness. It's the kind of "out of the box" and "outside one's comfort zone" approach to attain perhaps deeper understandings. It just might open your eyes to new possibilities and likely new discoveries.

Oh wait, you posted you are tired of "predictive opinions" that come across to you as being "negative". It's not your cup of tea so you elect to castigate those who choose to partake.

How can you be so negative?;)

Boomer Sooner

All this narrative and still, reading comprehension eludes you as you deny starting the threads we (everyone on this board) know you started trying to predict doom and gloom and stating it as fact as you have in this thread. LMAO! Apparently stating opinion as opinion and not trying to state opinion as fact is too difficult of an endeavor for you, all mighty great one of no intelligence and huge hyperbole.

Also, even though reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, you can come join me for a round of golf at my course in the Tulsa area. :) You may be able to tell me how a ball actually flies further into the wind if it's the right kind of ball and has better dimples.

Won't bother replying to this thread again, it's pointless if someone that lives on this board is trying to say he didn't see the threads saying OU would probably be sub-500 if OU had Mayfield starting and defending one of the main people that started those threads.
That would be the cowardly way to bow out of a thread in which you made several tarnishing and irresponsible posts that you can't possibly defend or escape.

A coward does as cowards do.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited:
All this narrative and still, reading comprehension eludes you as you deny starting the threads we (everyone on this board) know you started trying to predict doom and gloom and stating it as fact as you have in this thread. LMAO! Apparently stating opinion as opinion and not trying to state opinion as fact is too difficult of an endeavor for you, all mighty great one of no intelligence and huge hyperbole.
:D

Your credibility is gone.

Boomer Sooner

Bcs it's obvious you have an axe to grind with me and look no further than this thread for proof. Due to Josh' request and for the sake of the board, I'm now placing you on permanent ignore. I wish you good luck in the future and on soonerscoop. God bless

You're a worshipper now? And, Allah?:eek:

Didn't now you had it in you.;)

May Sharia and the Quran bring you peace and comfort.

Boomer Sooner

This has NOTHING to do with OU Football. Some of you boys need to read Josh's sticky at the top. They aren't mere "requests".

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
You're a worshipper now? And, Allah?:eek:

Didn't now you had it in you.;)

May Sharia and the Quran bring you peace and comfort.

Boomer Sooner

Lol no. Just returning the serve.

And you're right 22. I tried to have an actual conversation and, per usual, couldn't get honest replies. Should have known what to expect.

But he's for really real got me on forever ignore again for serious this time, so we ought to be cool.

Pretty bummed I'm gonna miss tonight's game cause I'm at work. You fellas cheer em on and let's hope to see the Final 4.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
22 that's why I put an end to it quickly. Difference of opinion is fine but I'm not going to have someone go after me for every single thing I say. I don't need it, the board doesn't need it.

This has NOTHING to do with OU Football. Some of you boys need to read Josh's sticky at the top. They aren't mere "requests".
Having difficulty navigating to the front page due to format changes to the site a while back. What's the sticky say?

Boomer Sooner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT