ADVERTISEMENT

End of Season Coaching grades

ChaseFor8

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2016
Brent Venables- F. Just bad all the way around. I still believe in him. But my confidence is waning. 6-6 is just not good enough at OU.

Ted Roof- F. Not the true DC but gives you next to nothing.

Miguel Chavis- C-. Recruiting wise he gets a higher grade but the ends weren’t good this year.

Brandon Hall - C-. Safeties weren’t awful given what he has to work with. Bowman showed true improvement (except for last night).

Joseph Valai- B. Corners were actually the best unit on the defense.

Todd Bates- C-. Arguably the best d line coach in the country when they hired him. Has to get some monsters up front.

Lebby- C+. This may seem high, but I still love some of his concepts, he absolutely has to be better, but the offense wasn’t the main issue this year.

Demarco Murray- A. Gray improved dramatically, and Barnes had just under 500 yards as a true freshman.

Bull Bedenbaugh- B+. Arguably the best unit on the team. He still has a horrible habit of playing guys who just aren’t any good.

L’Damain Washington- C+. Really tough spot for him. A lot to ask of him.

Joe Jon Finley- C. Willis improved a lot but that room isn’t what it should be.

Jay Nunez- D. Special teams were once again awful. Kickoff coverage was terrible, no punt returns for touchdowns, no kickoff returns for touchdowns, no blocked field goals or punts. Overall just bad.

Overall this staff has to be so much better (obviously) next season. Just a major disappointment. It starts with getting a big time receivers coach and getting that done ASAP. Can’t wait around for that. Also, have to do something about roof. I know it’s not his defense and it’s Venables, but Roof gives you nothing at all as @Josh_M said last night. Very disappointed in this season. Have to find a way to close this class and try and flip Bowman and hicks. If I’m a betting man? I don’t think we get either one of them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News