ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Spoke with a source and I am flipping FC on elite WR | Targets to watch | More on OKPreps RB | RB name to watch | Top ‘25 WR in Norman soon

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I’m out at Sooners’ youth camp watching my oldest boy, but wanted to talk about what I have heard a bit today:

First, I flipped my pick on Wesco to the Clemson Tigers. Source told me that OU is still working it and very much going to continue to push for the five-star, but this one even blew his parents and those closest to the five-star WR away.

Sooners will host 2024 four-star WR Zion Ragins this weekend, and then have 2024 four-star WR Terry Bussey in for the ChampU BBQ.

Oklahoma will likely pick between those two or recruit those two hard and take whoever decides first as of now. Essentially, a first come, first served typed of deal.

With Wesco, the Sooners don’t feel it’s over, but know they have a big uphill battle brewing. The hope is the season and the family wanting him closer to be a deciding factor down the line.

We will see, though.

*** On the the RB front, I am told target Xavier Robinson is setting his official for June 12-13 at Oklahoma, according to a few sources. I’m working on confirming that 100% with Robinson himself, but that’s a change from the ChampUBBQ visit that was originally planned. Has to do with timing and other stuff, according to what I have heard.

It does sound like he and ND may be moving in the opposite direction and that it’s a ISU, OKstate and OU battle for now.

*** A name to watch is 2024 three-star RB Frankie Arthur. I expect OU to host Arthur soon for at the very least an unofficial visit.

Demarco Murray has pinpointed him and he’s a name to file away.

*** Source I spoke with today that told me Rivals100 WR Andrew Marsh should be in town later this week as well. So things are moving in a positive direction with Marsh. The ‘25 top 100 WR has been in Norman quite a bit over the last year, so he is another name to watch, along with Ja’Kayden Ferguson moving forward.

Ferguson is a name that we is potentially getting closer to a decision sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News