ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Note on Bai Jobe

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Just a quick note: As of today, I wouldn’t expect OU to make much of a move. From what I was told by a source close to that situation, Penn St, Cal, Arkansas and several others have made extensive contact with Jobe and his people.

On that same note, I’m told OU did reach out when Jobe initially got into the portal, but not much has come of that since.

Now, I’m not completely writing OU off here because situations can change as long as the portal is open, but I’m told Jobe wants to have a decision “in the next few weeks to be ready to roll for June and the start of summer workouts wherever he chooses.”

So unless the Sooners start to move quickly (and that could become an option if there are portal entries down the line), it seems there will be a hill to climb to get back in it.

All that said, the one thing I continually am told is that Jobe would love to get back a bit closer to home. Naturally, PSU and Cal are the opposite of that, but he also is looking for the best fit program and scheme wise for him, so that take precedence over everything, according to sources.

Will continue to monitor that situation but wanted to update you all on what I’ve heard today on Jobe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News