ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: More on TE in transfer (Sat 10:45 AM)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
*** Okay, so as things start to clear up on the Jalin Conyers stuff, I spoke to some sources recently that say there things can be done to mitigate any issues on the OU side of things.

If that stays the case, I can confirm there is some interest there. The one thing that I would slow down on is the fact Conyers has never been asked to be a true inline blocker, and that is something OU uses a lot, so that could be an issue. Particularly if run-blocking becomes a problem for him in the long run. Basically, it’s an unknown, for the most part, with Conyers and some might say his weakness is blocking.

Still, Conyers is electric with the ball in his hands, but he is 270lbs right now. I’d say whatever school he goes to will want him much lighter. Just my two cents there.

On the communication side of things, there is some between the two parties, but that’s where it stops and ends right now.

Again, as I wrote yesterday, “Another TE target is Notre Dame TE transfer Holden Staes. I’m told the Sooners would like to evaluate him and look into him as well, but no final decisions have been made with ‘Big Transfer Monday’ just around the corner.

That remains the case. Monday and Tuesday of next week will bring a ton of movement, according to multiple sources. So the Sooners are communicating but not going all-in on anyone just yet.

Wanted to make sure I cleared some things up and will continue to pass along some info as we get it on that front.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News