ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Monday night safety recruiting note (11:08 pm)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I’m sure some of you have seen me retweet 2027 ATH Marcus Boganowski saying he would be in Norman camping at OU on Thursday June 15th.

Well, I’m probably stating the obvious, but that also means 2024 safety offer Michael Boganowski will also be in Norman early. As a matter of fact, the Boganowski family will arrive Wednesday evening and will be in Norman until the 18th when the Kansas Preps official visit ends.

Boganowski is set to official for the Sooners’ ChampU BBQ weekend, and safety coach Brandon Hall has put the Sooners in a very good spot — and the safety coach has been stellar on the recruiting trail since he was hired — but Kansas State has the final official (June 23rd) and the Wildcats are a mere 20 mins from his family’s home in Junction City (KS). Florida State is also slated to host Boganowski (June 20), but the Noles aren’t the program OU has their eye on at this time. I know that could change, with the official visit set up, but the buzz still continues to be between KSU and Oklahoma.

Returning back to proximity talk, and heading into his ChampU BBQ official this weekend, there is conflicting feelings on that subject on the KSU side of things. Some that know the recruitment from a KSU perspective feel that the closeness of the Wildcats’ campus may actually be something that works in the Sooners’ favor. Either way, it’s something to watch.

Lastly, the Sooners are the only program recruiting Bogonowski as a safety (as we have reported from the get-go) and that also could be a factor that helps Oklahoma down the stretch, and when it becomes decision time for the Junction City (KS) target.

We will continue to monitor this recruitment as the month moves along and obviously while the Sooners’ target is on campus this week and this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News