ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Intial note on Lole’s surprising flip to UT (UPDATE 12:55 PM)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Update 12:55 PM

After discussions with a bunch of sources, it became clear that Lole saw a better chance to see the field, along with UT offering more money than OU, much like what was said in my initial update.

It wasn’t easy for UT, though. To begin with, Texas wasn’t getting Lole to bite on the NIL deal — even if it was more than OU. After a bit, Lole saw the difference and the fact it came with potentially more PT and that ultimately is what turned the tide.

Make no mistake about it, the Sooners’ staffers aren’t thrilled with this turn of events.

At the end of the day, Oklahoma still feels great about the NT/DT room so this was a blow, but not one that OU can’t still be really good at the position.

So far, it’s a bit of a shock but rumors are that UT used money they had set aside for Damonic Williams to lure Jermayne Lole to Texas.

So why was this shocking? Well, Oklahoma was in California last week and did an in-home of sorts with Lole and his whole family. At that time, all was well and all was pointing towards Lole being in Norman when summer school and summer workouts began.

Again, the NIL portion is nothing but fodder until I can confirm, but the fact still remains this was shocking.

I’m still digging and Parker is as well. Will find out more and update you all once I get more info.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News