ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: August could be something in 2024 & 2025 if…

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Things stay pat and OU is able to close on who it leads for, and those targets slated to already publicly announce in 2024, along with top targets that have yet to announce a date. Most that don’t have a date should have one set in the weeks/month of August. Obviously, we are excluding Danny Okoye, Nigel Smith, and for now, Dominick McKinley. Those three are slated as fall/winter announcements so far.

As for 2025, I expect there to be more movement in August. Right now, I wouldn’t be shocked if that class was number one by the end of the month, with not only a announcement later in August quietly set. Still, I am starting to hear there are two or three extra commits that could very well pop sometime this month. That would give the Sooners XXV class potentially eight or nine commits by August’s end.

Theoretically, OU could have the type of August that they had last July, BUT it would be combining two classes having to stay red hot, instead of just one like the 2023 class did literally 12 months ago when they had nine commits in July of 2022.

I want to make this clear. I’m not saying it’s definitively happening that way, but what I am saying is the stage is set and some buzz behind the scenes for that to take place. That is IF the Sooners staff closes out on several of its top targets that they lead for in 2024, along with also getting a few guys that I would say the Sooners have made significant moves for in 2025, and ones I would also deem as ‘close.’

We will have more later, but I did want you all aware of what we have been hearing as of the morning of August 1st.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News