ADVERTISEMENT

Drummbeat: A quick note on DT transfer rumors (Mon 8:10pm)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I spoke with someone close to David Hicks this evening and was told that as of now there isn’t any movement on entering the transfer portal.

HOWEVER, this same source told OUinsider that if something was to take place, they feel it would be after the Aggies Bowl game. Hicks is wanting to stick the final game out and see how things go with new DL coach Sean Spencer goes as well. Something the source feels will be most players MO as they weigh the lay of the land in College Station before “jumping ship” or “thinking of doing so.”

There are also a lot of unknowns that Hicks and his camp would like ironed out, but for now, they are waiting and listening to A&M side, and have not come across the idea of transfer “yet.”

In my conversations with said source and others with knowledge of the situation, I got the sense that they want to see how things go over the next few weeks. That timetable was called “big and hectic” by the source I spoke with and they feel a lot of the questions at A&M will be answered by then.

Again, I am not saying the rumors that you all, and us at OUinsider have heard aren’t true, or won’t be true in the end, but what I’m hearing right now is that the buzz that is being put out there is just that — buzz and fodder. At least for now.

Nonetheless, there will be more info over the coming days and weeks. How people feel today changes fast in the world of the CFB transfer portal. If something starts to brew much more quickly in that direction, we will update you all.

And trust me, we are aware that things can change over night and prepared if that does happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News