ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: 2026 four-star QB Dereon Coleman visit went… (Sat 3:15 pm)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
So, so well. I’ll give you a quick bit of notes and have the full story forthcoming later, but a quote Dereon Coleman and his trainer, both, relayed to me really stood out because of how excited they were to tell it.

That story was about a poker chip that says “OU” on the front and “all-in” on the back. You all have seen them a lot with how much you follow recruiting, but it’s how the chip was given to them that made the impression, with the four-star QB telling me, “Coach [Seth] Littrell was talking to me — and we were in there for over an hour — but, he flipped to chip over to me and said ‘return this to me when you’re ready to be all-in with us,’ and he also said that if I don’t choose OU, use the chip for good luck,” Coleman said. “Just felt good to know that they are all-in with me and think of me like that. Really made an impression on me for sure.”

So, I’m sure you’re asking what’s next for Coleman and his trainer Braylin Trujillo — who is highly regarded in the QB training field and brought Coleman to Norman. I’ll get to that in a second, but want to make it clear (crystal clear) tha right now I continue to feel VERY GOOD about the Sooners’ chances. Coleman wasn’t even shy about the Sooners’ standing with him calling them “his dream school” and saying the trip has been “surreal.” Something I will dive into really deep when I do the full story.

That said, Coleman and Trujillo, both, told me that June 4th the four-star 2026 QB will camp and throw for Brent Venables and the staff at their camp in Norman. It’s the first camp of the summer for OU, so they might start off hot if things go well with Coleman. The four-star also plans on returning for the Alabama game later in the season, so multiple visits are set to take place back in Norman with no other visits they feel need taken. I’m sure you all can read into that how you will.

As for a timeline, I’ll just say that I fully expect a decision come in the summer (let Coleman announce his date), and again, my FC and Parker’s FC with OU seem like a good choice at this point. So, if it continues to trend in that direction, I think OU could have their 2026 QB locked in by mid July.

Not bad news, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News